X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacement 18V Lithium batteries

I did register my tools as soon as I brought them home. My ""Dashboard" shows all the tools.

I have contacted Ridgid and here was their reply..
    "Warranty coverage/service and repairs for your Ridgid power tools can be obtained by determining your closest authorized Ridgid service dealer from the dealer locator at the URL link below for service and repairs.

Please have your LSA/customer number, or your purchase receipt available when dealing with an authorized warranty service dealer on warranty coverage and related matters. The tools serial number can be used by a service dealer, if an LSA number or receipt can not be provided.

Contact your nearest service dealer to arrange for the warranty service, and to insure that you provide them with everything necessary to properly assist you under warranty guidelines.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Technica...ices/index.htm

Best regards,"

Now According to link my nearest service center is 58.7
    MILES miles away a little far to drive to during my lunch break.. So.. I called HD..they said they could take care of the warranty issue on the battery as long as I registered it with Ridgid..

As for reading the warranty.."HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE
    To obtain service for this RIDGID tool you must return it, freight prepaid, to an authorized RIDGID service center for hand held and stationary power tools. . You may obtain the location of the authorized service center nearest you by calling (toll free) 1-866-539-1710 or by logging
    on to the RIDGID website at www.ridgid.com. When requesting warranty service, you must present the proof of purchase documentation, which includes a date of purchase. The authorized service center will repair any faulty workmanship, and either repair or replace any defective part, at our option at no charge to you."

Dont mind spending the 5-10 bucks for shipping not gonna fork out 35..when it clearly states.."
    at no charge to you."..

Comment

Did you get the persons name? If so, why didn't you just ask for that person or tell the manager who you talked to and what they said. Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult if you had the name.
      I recently had to drive 41 miles (one way) to exchange my batteries. When the new batteries came in, the service center had them fed ex'd to me. Considering I got new batteries, I thought that was a minor inconvenience.
      No other company is going to give you batteries life!
      Ron

So.. I called HD..they said they could take care of the warranty issue on the battery as long as I registered it with Ridgid..

Comment

Look I am not trying to be difficult about this. I would gladly drive 10 or 15 miles. But 60..come on.. I cant take two hours off work to drive to get batteries. If HD is not authorized to do this then why do they sell Ridgid tools?

You know I exchange tools at Sears all the time.. they have a "Lifetime Replacement" warranty on all their hand tools. Never once has someone at Sears asked me to provide them with $35.00 for a evaluation fee. In fact..I can drop off any of my craftsman power tools at any sears store and they will send it in for repairs...Heck for a little extra when I buy it they will send someone to my house to fix it..

I just want a battery and not a lot of hassle..that's all.. I guess I could just buy a new one online and have it shipped to me..but that would defeat the "Lifetime Replacement" warranty now wouldnt it.

Comment

Your LSA battery experience is not sounding too good especially because 58.7 miles one way would be way too much for most folks. Shipping the defective part sounds reasonable but there may be a few issues to consider:

***reputable service center?
          ***some cases required that the entire kit to be sent to check for other issues
          ***repair/replacement time?

Comment

Look, nobody said you were. I am saying if you talked to someone at HD ( and would have gotten their name) and they told you to bring them in and there would be no charge, then you would have the situation in control.You could very easily settle it.
            HD was never set up to handle warranty issues (other than the 90 day return). Get the service center phone number, and talk to them to see if you can UPS or Fed Ex the batteries to them and if they will do the same for you when they come in. Sometimes a nice phone call is all that is needed. Ron
            Originally posted by rld2403 View Post
            Look I am not trying to be difficult about this. I would gladly drive 10 or 15 miles. But 60..come on.. I cant take two hours off work to drive to get batteries. If HD is not authorized to do this then why do they sell Ridgid tools?

You know I exchange tools at Sears all the time.. they have a "Lifetime Replacement" warranty on all their hand tools. Never once has someone at Sears asked me to provide them with $35.00 for a evaluation fee. In fact..I can drop off any of my craftsman power tools at any sears store and they will send it in for repairs...Heck for a little extra when I buy it they will send someone to my house to fix it..

I just want a battery and not a lot of hassle..that's all.. I guess I could just buy a new one online and have it shipped to me..but that would defeat the "Lifetime Replacement" warranty now wouldnt it.

Comment

Working...
            X