Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement 18V Lithium batteries

Hello
    Just got my Ridgid replacement batteries (old ones lasted 4 years), so hope these are just as good.
    My question is when these new ones were made. The code on the bottom say CS1019.
    I have heard that current Ridgid batteries are better than the older ones.
    Thank you, Ron

Re: Replacement 18V Lithium batteries

Your batteries were made the 19th week of 2010. As far as being better or not that is hard to say. If they are Li-ion they probably are. As the new technology gets the bugs worked out they generally get better untill a certain point at which cost becomes a factor. Ni-cad batteries now are probably not as good as the 3rd or 4th generation as companies attempt to control costs. Li-ion will more than likely run this same gamut as everything else does. Its not just Ridgid its all companies.

Comment

Thank you. Now, the difficult task of trying to change/update the registration numbers on my dashboard. Ron

Comment

i believe you have to call cust service. keep me posted i need to do it too.

Comment

Hello
          Just called customer service and spoke to a very helpful lady and she took my new battery numbers and updated my dashboard. Took about 2 minutes at the most. The service center and customer service center both said they actually file under the original tool serial number and really the battery numbers aren't that important to obtain replacements.

Comment

That is correct about the only thing they worry about on the LSA is the tool. If the batteries have a newer date code than the tool it is pretty much a given as far as the service center is concerned that they are replacement batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
              The service center and customer service center both said they actually file under the original tool serial number and really the battery numbers aren't that important to obtain replacement
              The service center/CS updated your dashboard with the new battery#s is great but if the battery#s are not important what if the defective batteries to be replaced/repaired were ebait specials the next time? I'm just wondering....IMO I prefer updating the replacement battery#s on the dashboard as you have

Comment

From what I gather, it doesn't make any difference where the battery was purchased, ebay, HD or etc, as long as the original tool is regisister and you have the LSA on it, then batteries there after are covered.

Comment

Just remember the lithium ion batteries can't be charged in the older nicad chargers, I think.

Comment

That wouldn't apply to my post. My batteries are part of the 18Volt lithium Drill. Has nothing to do with nicad chargers.
                    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Just remember the lithium ion batteries can't be charged in the older nicad chargers, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                      That wouldn't apply to my post. My batteries are part of the 18Volt lithium Drill. Has nothing to do with nicad chargers.
                      I apologize Ronald. A couple years back the Forum had quite a long running debate on batteries and chargers, I was just trying to see if any of the guys remembered. I still have my original nicads, they refuse to die! I can't decide wheter to invest in a lithium, or buy some new nicads? I have the Ryobi lithiums and they work very well.

Comment

my understanding you cant get lsa on ebay batteries or on individual batteries from home depot either

Comment

No apology necessary. I just thought you may have confused my thread with another. I liek the lithium but there seems to be quite a few problems with them. On the other hand, I have a 12 Ryobi (Nicad) tht lives forever!. You treat them right and they work. Ron

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I apologize Ronald. A couple years back the Forum had quite a long running debate on batteries and chargers, I was just trying to see if any of the guys remembered. I still have my original nicads, they refuse to die! I can't decide wheter to invest in a lithium, or buy some new nicads? I have the Ryobi lithiums and they work very well.

Comment

The lithiums generally have a much longer run time the biggest complaint I have heard is that they give you absolutaly no warning when they are about to die. They just work one minute and the next they don't. I have had quite a few people think their tool died rather than charge the battery. The battery manufacureres tell me lithium batteries have a different charge cycle than nicads but charger manufaturers insist the nicad smart chargers are able to charge the lithium batteries without a problem. I don't have a difinitive answer for that.

Comment

Originally posted by texan168 View Post
                              The lithiums generally have a much longer run time the biggest complaint I have heard is that they give you absolutaly no warning when they are about to die. They just work one minute and the next they don't. I have had quite a few people think their tool died rather than charge the battery. The battery manufacureres tell me lithium batteries have a different charge cycle than nicads but charger manufaturers insist the nicad smart chargers are able to charge the lithium batteries without a problem. I don't have a difinitive answer for that.
                              My Ryobi lithiums have some strange behavior.Run strong and all out until dead as mentioned, three light fuel guage is somewhat helpful. Here's my biggest complaint, other lithium batteries I have can be charged no matter where they are at in their capacity. If they are half drained, no problem put them in a charger and bring them back full. The Ryobi 18 volt lithiums seem to have all sorts of trouble charging unless they are full out dead! Don't understand it? They do charge up fine, but only when dead, dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X