X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 drum for Spindle Sander

I received an older EB4424-0 Spindle Sander from my father. There is a location in the face for a 1/2" sanding drum. It is missing. The other drums seem to have a 1/2" I.D. to them so I'm not understanding how I would use a 1/2" sanding sleeve. Maybe there is a "technique" to using it directly on the spindle??

TIA for the advice.
    Darrell
    Last edited by AgileDarrell; 09-19-2010, 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Re: 1/2 drum for Spindle Sander

The spindle is 1/2" so the sleeve fits over the spindle, all other sizes use a rubber drum with the 1/2" ID as you noted. Here is a copy of the manual, it will explain what to do

Comment

wbrooks,
      Thanks. I should have thought of that! I didn't think there would be enough friction with the spindle only. I'll give it a try.
      Thanks again,
      Darrell

Comment

I just picked up a new Ridgid spindle sander and that is exactly how it works. It is a great little sander also.

Red
        Red

Comment

I just got this sander on Monday. I took it out of the box and registered it then had to put it back. It seems that you have to wait until Christmas before you open your presents???? Sounds weird to me.

Comment

Kev,

Hmmmm... apparently you've been peaking into the closets or under the bed. (That's where I used to find my "Christmas" presents when I was a kid.)

Maybe you can convince the spouse that you really do need to get this tool into use to make sure everything is working okay, while it is still under the 90-day Satisfaction Guarantee. Besides, there's always the issue of timely registration for the LLSA which simply makes early use a must. (These are just a couple of the excuses I can think of.)

OR... you could try to convince her that opening an empty box on Christmas would be all the necessary symbolism that should be required; and, after a couple of month's of use, the "box opening" would be done with just so much more love and appreciation, as by then you'd would have experienced and demonstrated what a wonderful gift it is!

Merry Christmas,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              Kev,

Hmmmm... apparently you've been peaking into the closets or under the bed. (That's where I used to find my "Christmas" presents when I was a kid.)

Maybe you can convince the spouse that you really do need to get this tool into use to make sure everything is working okay, while it is still under the 90-day Satisfaction Guarantee. Besides, there's always the issue of timely registration for the LLSA which simply makes early use a must. (These are just a couple of the excuses I can think of.)

OR... you could try to convince her that opening an empty box on Christmas would be all the necessary symbolism that should be required; and, after a couple of month's of use, the "box opening" would be done with just so much more love and appreciation, as by then you'd would have experienced and demonstrated what a wonderful gift it is!

Merry Christmas,

CWS
              I can see why you are a writer!

Comment

Working...
              X