X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 7 in Tile Saw r4007 and riipping a 24 inch 2x2 matrix

I would like to rip a 24 in matrix of 2x2 tiles using the 7 inch Ridgid Tile saw. Problem is that the saw has a 12 inch bed which means the tiles would flop over the bed. The saw design works for a monolithic 24 inch tile but not a matrix of tiles.

I am thinking of supporting the 24 inch matrix with a piece of 24 inch plastic. But that means I have to tilt the saw head up. That is possible to do with the plunge adjustment. I have two questions:

(1) Is it okay to run the saw that way - with the head tilted up so that it clears the piece of supporting plastic.

(2) I there another way of cutting this 24 inch matrix short of cutting it in half and then ripping it.

thanks

Re: Ridgid 7 in Tile Saw r4007 and riipping a 24 inch 2x2 matrix

It wont hurt the motor, as long as water doesn't get in it.

Comment

Re: Ridgid 7 in Tile Saw r4007 and riipping a 24 inch 2x2 matrix

For my mosaics I usually use a piece of backer, drop it on the saw bed, and run the saw through it once. I use FiberRock cement board so its nice and flat and smooth. It leaves a small opening just for the blade. This works great for cutting those little pieces like glass and marble 5/8x5/8 sheets. No more pieces falling into the blade opening in the tray and binding up the saw. Perfect cuts too. I usually dont even adjust the blade depth, I just leave it alone.

Comment

Working...
      X