X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3800 Power Washer - RD80770

I saw three of these in my local home depot today while shopping for a power washer. On sale for $699. Sales goon said they were being sold off because of a "new model". Didn't know anything about "new model" however. Suspect he may be speaking of the 3000 or 3300 (both of which they have).

Anyone know an answer to that?

I did pick one up, 30 day return policy FWIW. Seems pretty good so far.

Re: Ridgid 3800 Power Washer - RD80770

Originally posted by mcm View Post
    ... Sales goon said they were being sold off because of a "new model". Didn't know anything about "new model" however.
    Look at the DOM on the data label.
    Yes, they were replaced by new models... 2 1/2 to 3 years ago.

It's a great machine. Honda GX series engine pushing an AR triplex pump. They didn't sell well because of the cost. That machine sold for over a grand back in '07 when it was a current model.

Be damn sure to save your receipt. If it requires service and you don't have your receipt, the service center must determine warranty eligibility by DOM. And based on the DOM, your engine will surely be beyond warranty and the rest of the unit is either beyond or damn close to it.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      Look at the DOM on the data label.
      Yes, they were replaced by new models... 2 1/2 to 3 years ago.

It's a great machine. Honda GX series engine pushing an AR triplex pump. They didn't sell well because of the cost. That machine sold for over a grand back in '07 when it was a current model.

Be damn sure to save your receipt. If it requires service and you don't have your receipt, the service center must determine warranty eligibility by DOM. And based on the DOM, your engine will surely be beyond warranty and the rest of the unit is either beyond or damn close to it.
      Ermm... why wouldn't it be warrantied from date of purchase?

Date of Manufacture is Dec 2007...

So it was "replaced" by the 3000 and 3300 psi models? That's all I'm looking to know. Interesting though... it's definitely far gruntier than those two and for $699 seems like a steal. I am not a contractor so I just wheel it in and out of my garage, so the weight isn't a detracting point for me at all...

Regarding parts for both the GX390 and the AR pump; what is the availability like in the US?

Comment

Ermm... why wouldn't it be warrantied from date of purchase?
        It is. That's why I stressed that you need to save your receipt. Without your dated receipt, it's only warrantied from DOM.

Parts availability is superb. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Honda dealer and AR pumps are very popular and easy to obtain parts for.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I saw three of these in my local home depot today while shopping for a power washer. On sale for $699. Sales goon said they were being sold off because of a "new model". Didn't know anything about "new model" however. Suspect he may be speaking of the 3000 or 3300 (both of which they have).

Anyone know an answer to that?

I did pick one up, 30 day return policy FWIW. Seems pretty good so far.

Damned good deal! While I've been hemming and hawing about belt drives, the free shipping went away for the $899 online offering. I'll have to check my local stores to see if they have any. Wondering if I can get to California and back before the school bus comes in the afternoon...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishobaby View Post
            I'll have to check my local stores to see if they have any.
            Of course there were none and I was very late for work that day. I did buy an orange tree though! I hope it likes rain...

I see that the RD80702 (3300 psi EFI) now has several bad reviews due to not starting when hot, so I think I'm going to stay away from that.

I'll probably get one of these instead at almost twice the price.

Comment

Working...
            X