X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need insight on what replacement pump for PW to buy

Hello everyone I have a ridgid PW model RD80746 We use it for commercial use we refurbish used restaurant equipment so it is used pretty often.. The PW came with AR pump model RMV 2.5g30... The pump gave the shits so now I need to get another one but I'm not sure if I should order the same one or should I get a better pump for it I've been reading and heard these aren't the best for the demanding work we do with it... So should I get a better pump if it would even fit on the motor or don't waste my time and just get the same one as the one it came with?

Re: Need insight on what replacement pump for PW to buy

Anyone have any advice for me plz

Comment

You don't want another axial cam pump if you're a commercial user. Unless you just want to be replacing pumps every six months to a year. Spend the money and get a Cat pump. Check online for vendors selling them at discount prices. You need one rated at 3000PSI @ 2.5 - 3 GPM. Ridgid part# for that pump is 308694008A, but you'll also need the mounting flange.

Just be sitting down when you search for prices - they aren't exactly giving them away.

However, it might be cheaper in the long run to just replace the cheap pump a few times at 80 bucks a pop. The axial cam AR on your unit has been replaced with a Himore, part# 309515003.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Doctordeere,

Great insight. Do you happen to know if the Mi-T-M 3-0297 (I think) is of comparable quality to the Cat pump?

Thanks!

Art

Comment

Working...
        X