LSA keychain-like card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA keychain-like card?

I had a 12v set repaired and covered under the LSA warranty and they asked if I had a card. I had no idea what they were talking about, but it seemed as though there was a problem with the registration. The clerk told me that the serial number for my set was registered to someone else. The clerk wanted the card which apparently and undeniably links the tools to me. I attempted to contact rigid, but they keep tranferring me to disconnected numbers. Any insight would be helpful...

Re: LSA keychain-like card?

Its a card that I assume ridgid sends their cust's after they register a few people have shown them to me they just have your LSA number on them. The computer print out you get on line with the number is sufficiant. But the card doesn't list the individual tools on it.

Comment

I have "the card", but with the two tools that I have needed service on they did not ask me for it.

(Good thing, because at the time I had no idea where it was at; but I have since found it.)

In my case, when I took the tools in, I gave them my Ridgid Dashboard ID # and the dashboard registration number for both of the the tools. It was helpful in identifying that the tools were mine. I figured they would probably verify the registration, so I wanted to makes things as easy as possible.

To that same end, you may be able to cut through this if you can check your dashboard and do the same.... give them your Ridgid ID# and the registration number that was assigned to the tool on your "dashboard".

One thing to note however... when I registered my first tool purchases, I noted the registration number that was initially assigned, and a couple of years later when they reorganized their system (and started calling it the "dashboard") the registration numbers changed. I don't know the "whys" of this, but when I called to question it, I was told to just use the newer, existing number.

One thing you can always count on with "systems" is that you can never count on it. People have a curious way of just messing things up on occasion and all it takes is one number or letter "typo" and you end up with somebody else's tool or whatever. While many data systems are designed with some cross-checking or protection in the design, it is often difficult to do so. I've spent a lot of years with "parts lists" manuals and product database design, it can be challenging.

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

Here is what that "key-chain" card looks like:

Name:  0d4a278ef5db2332e1c5a5931f3de8a2.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  288.6 KB

Name:  37174ee4a855c9c849af14bd56385078.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  149.7 KB

Comment

Ok. Cool. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Out of the 15 or so tools I registered since 2006, I've only received 2 tags. One for my brad nailer and one for the finish nailer.

Comment

I also have two tags, but my understanding is that lately they have been sending only one, soon after your first registration is confirmed ("soon" is probably like four to six months).

You should not expect to get a card with every tool registration; is so, I'd have over a dozen (and would probably never find one when I needed it ).

CWS

Comment

Working...
              X