Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router baseplate PC 690

Hi All
    I just bought my first router, a PC 690. I need to do some Rabbeting for a picture frame and purchased a Whitside 3/8 rabbet bit. The diameter of the bit is 1-1/4” and does not quite fit through the center hole of the base place. Do I have to get a different base plate? Is this normal?
    Thanks Bob

Re: Router baseplate PC 690

You will need to get a different base plate. On the bright side, they are not that expensive. Rockler is one of many places that carry them.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

the PC690 series has been around for a while, so there should be plenty of accessories that will be available for your router. Many manufacturers made their routers compatible with the PC690 base plate using the same hole pattern, so that may open more avenues for you with accessories beyond a base plate.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I have made many base plates out of hard board or plexiglass plastic, for various things I have made in the past,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You can make or buy a base with a larger center hole. It's something that comes with the territory when you get into router use. The standard PC hole with counterbore fits the "PC-style" router bushings, which are by far the most common ones you'll find.

One option is to buy the replacement base for the 690, then modify the center hole to suit. You can get these online or the well known auction site for 6 to 8 bucks or less. This saves you the time of getting the three holes properly located, and oddly enough the PC bases are often cheaper than the accessory bases. Of course if you have 20 minutes and some scrap acrylic, polycarbonate or masonite you can make a few bases for nuthin'.

Comment

Working...
          X