Ridgid 3300 pressure washer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3300 pressure washer

Purchased a brand new pressure washer RIDGID 3300 pressure washer.I used it about an hour and shut it down to check for leaks an inspection.I noticed oil in site glass was milky looking.I called ridgid and the said it was because I didn't take out little black pin size plug in the cap of the pump.The instructions say nothing about this plug nor was it labled on this unit.Anyone else had this problem?

Re: Ridgid 3300 pressure washer

Originally posted by WANTA JOB View Post
    ...Anyone else had this problem?
    Yep. Lots of people have had that problem. Lots of people don't remove the shipping plug.

When the shipping plug gets left in the pump, the pump blows oil seals, and TTI (the manufacturer of the unit) does not provide oil seals as a replacement part on the Cat pump. Nor will they typically provide warranty service when that happens since your warranty specifically protects you from defects in materials and workmanship. Your pump is not defective. It's damaged. The failure was not caused by a defect. Yes, I know you've got a seemingly valid argument, but the bottom line is that the unit IS NOT DEFECTIVE.

But...

Squeaky wheels get the grease. Even with TTI customer service.

But...

Here's a word of advice, and you'd be smart to take it seriously:
    Do not, under any circumstances, cop an attitude with CS no matter how thoroughly pissed you get. Do not threaten to never buy their stuff again. State your case simply, calmly, and cool as ice. You can be very insistent without being a buttplug. And CS has absolutely NO incentive to go out of their way to help a buttplug. Once you become a buttplug, game over. Be on your very best behavior and be persistent. Odds are that you will prevail.

... Or you can just return it to Home Depot.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I think the buttplug in this neverending saga is the idiot(s) that didn't include this valuable bit of info in the manual. Or put a bright piece of paper right on the pump before shipping the units out telling the owner what needs to be done before operating the unit??? Also, what good is an owner's manual if they leave very important info out of it?

I know this is a Ridgid forum, being a place to find out things about Ridgid products as well as to vent to others when something lets you down. BUT after reading all the negatives regarding Ridgid products I will NEVER buy anything from Ridgid. So damn funny Home Depot will gladly swap a new PW time and time again for these "defective/damaged" ones, when a simple printed warning can solve something so simple. They need to either get the unit right or stop making the damn things.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
        ... Or put a bright piece of paper right on the pump before shipping the units out telling the owner what needs to be done before operating the unit???
        They do.
        Fat lot of good it does, but they do.

They also place instructions in the operator's manual telling you to remove the pump vent label. Don't believe me? go look for yourself:
        http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/2AFD98B...D80903_Man.pdf

Once you do that, the label itself tells you to remove the damn plug.

Just like it tells you in the operator's manual in at least two different places (and multiple languages) do NOT use bleach in the unit, yet the majority of pump failures I have to deal with are caused by corrosion from bleach use...

Sometimes the stupidity of the human animal is overwhelming.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
        X