saw blade won't seat properly!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw blade won't seat properly!!

I own a Rigid reciprocating saw and used it only twice. Now for some reason the blades won't lock in and seat properly. I thought it might have been blocked by metal chips but I blew that all out and still any blade won't stay in..

Re: saw blade won't seat properly!!

I have a Dewalt and had the same problem. I wire brushed the paint off the end of the blade that goes in the saw and that fixed it. I think I got a batch of blades that had to much paint on them.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I had a similar problem with a jigsaw. Until the mechanism was broken-in a little extra push when installing the blade solved it. Once the jigsaw had been used for awhile the problem went away.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

I have a dewalt that does the same thing every now and then, seems a little dirt gets into the lock, try a shot of wd40 or your favorite flavor of slippery stuff.

Comment

We had the same recip at work and the problem we were having was that the lever that turns the collar to release/install the blade was not turning the collar far enough to open the mechanism for the blade to fit in. After a visit to the local service center the problem was fixed. The release lever was replaced and havent had that problem since.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X