X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless battery repair

I have several batteries for my SnapOn cordless impact that won't hold a charge. New replacements are about $133.00 ea. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck purchasing rebuilt battery packs or is there a way to repair the ones I have. I've seen several books for sale on how to "revive" an old NiCad battery pack. Are these for real or just a scam? The packs I have are P/N CTB312. Any info I can get would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Cordless battery repair

check out this thread,
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...walt+batteries

I have tried some of the "rejuvenating process" by zapping them with a higher voltage charger or a welder, and it worked for a few charges, but soon died again,

I think rebuilding the batterers with new cells is about the only good way to do it,

I have not used the company in the link above, but may send in a few and try it,

here is a thread on the zapping or "rejuvenating process"
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=220895

I think there are others threads if one does a search on the subject,
    Last edited by BHD; 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have had some success with putting new cells into a battery pack. Sometimes just one battery will short out rendering the pack somewhat useless. With a volt meter you can isolate the bad one and replace it with a replacement battery. You can buy the little metal tabs that are welded to the battery's and solder them on to the new ones.

It's not an exact science, but can save you a lot of $$$ if it works out.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

"Has anyone had any luck purchasing rebuilt battery packs?" Yes! I own nine (9) DeWalt 18v XRP battery packs. I have had all nine rebuilt, and the rebuilt ones are more powerful and have lasted much longer than the original ones. I have used "PrimeCell" in Pennsylvania to do this. I am NOT associated with this company, just a customer. These packs are so common I'm sure they have rebuilt ones ready as the turn-around time has usually been with 7-10 days. The cost for an 18V pack has been around $48, but I have not had one done in about two years now. I'm sure there are other companies out there which do these also.

Comment

I have used "PrimeCell" in Pennsylvania to do this.
          That's good to know, thanks...
          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
          X