X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Miter Guage

Hi to all. I am a proud owner of a R4511 tablesaw. It sure beats the old Craftsman. I was wondering if anyone had a problem with the swivel pin falling out of the miter gauge? A 3/4 steel pin came out the bottom and I am not sure what holds it in since it seems to be a polished pin. There is a threaded hole on top of the miter guage assy but I have no idea if something is suppose to be threaded in there that holds the pin or if that hole is used for accessories. If it's just a pin then waht hold it in there?
    Thanks in advance for any help you may offer!
    Mike in SC

Re: R4511 Miter Guage

Someone? Anyone?

Comment

I'm thinking if you look on the bottom of the mitre gauge you will find where it goes. There are stops at 90, and 45 degrees. I think it is one of the stops.
      Brian

Comment

Nope.. forget that, I was wrong. I just went and looked at mine and those stops are screws with locknuts.
        Brian

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brian. It is definately the pivot pin directly in front of the black adjusting knob. Ridgid is sending out a new pin but I still dont understand what holds it in there....You can see the butt end of it sticking through the bar stock on the miter gauge. Thanks again!

Comment

Stock miter gauges are notoriously sloppy and inaccurate. You've got a great excuse to upgrade that gauge with something like an Incra V27 for < $60.

Comment

Working...
            X