Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid lithium ion batteries and NO customer service

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
    Try one of the other Ridgid service centers in your area. Call to confirm that they have testing equipment and batts in stock. you will need to bring proof of purchase and the batt, tool and charger.
    Let us know how it goes....Ray
    Name Location Phone/Fax
    MILES Shaver Service Center
    9505 BURNET ROAD SUITE D
    Austin, TX 78758 Tel: (512) 454-5848
    Fax: No Fax Available
    MILES ALTAQUIP - AUSTIN
    380 DROSSETT DRIVE SUITE C
    AUSTIN, TX 78744 Tel: (512) 428-4859
    MILES Lampasas Builders Mart, Inc
    507 North Key Ave
    Lampasas, TX 76550 Tel: (512) 556-6291
    I went to the closest service center & they ordered 2 new batteries. That was on 12-7-2010 & I still don't have any batteries yet. Rigid is fast becoming a company I won't ever do business with again.

Comment

TXZ,

Please PM me your contact information. I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Batteries have not been out of stock for a long time. I need to find out why the service center is not ordering them.

Thanks,

WK

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
        TXZ,

Please PM me your contact information. I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Batteries have not been out of stock for a long time. I need to find out why the service center is not ordering them.

Thanks,

WK
        PM sent.

Comment

KevDev the original poster here.

Well, 8 weeks and 320 miles later, I have new batteries!!! The wonderful guys at Power Tool and Saw Service in Albuquerque (especially Jose Martinez) saved me an additional 160 miles by taking my LSA information over the phone and ordering the batteries, and then calling me when they came in. Kudos to them!

Thanks to Ray, Probrand and this forum for your help.

No thanks to Tom Clinkscales of One World Technologies who refuses to even consider that his LSA may be broken and who indicated that he doesn't like this forum because it allows us to discuss that fact in public.

Regards,
          Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by txz06ce View Post
            PM sent.
            I received a call on Wednesday, 1-12-11 from a Rigid representative in South Carolina. He asked me a few questions about my Service Center & then said he would call them to see why I haven't received my batteries yet. He called back about 2 hours later and had me fax him a copy of the paperwork from the service center. He also said he would take care of the situation & get me my batteries. I'll let you know when I get them.
            Thanks for the help, ProBrand.

Comment

Originally posted by txz06ce View Post
              I received a call on Wednesday, 1-12-11 from a Rigid representative in South Carolina. He asked me a few questions about my Service Center & then said he would call them to see why I haven't received my batteries yet. He called back about 2 hours later and had me fax him a copy of the paperwork from the service center. He also said he would take care of the situation & get me my batteries. I'll let you know when I get them.
              Thanks for the help, ProBrand.
              Okay, somebody stick a fork in me cause I'm done. It's been over a week since I talked to the Rigid rep who said he was going to "take care of me" & I still don't have any batteries.

Comment

I'm kind of late jumping into this issue, but I have had the same problem with batteries. I bought the 18V combo kit and dutifully registered for the LSA. After less than a year of the purchase, both batteries were dead. They would hold zero charge. The local service center took the batteries and charger. So far so good. It took 7 weeks for them to get me new batteries. That was frustrating enough since I normally used my cordless drill 2-3 times per week.
                Now, I find that one of the replacement batteries is again holding no charge. I've only had the new ones a few months.
                I really like the Ridgid tools themselves, but their batteries are the worst I've ever seen. Reading the posts on this forum tells me I'm not alone.

Comment

JD.....You can get the batts replaced under the three year warranty with your receipt. Call around your area for a Ridgid service center who has batts in stock and ask them what stuff you need to bring in for testing. They should be able to test in a few minutes while you are there and replace your batts from inventory. Let us know how it goes....Ray
                  Well, here's how it's gone so farr, I dropped the battery off at a service center back in mid-December, they told me they would call me in about two weeks when the replacement came in. About three weeks later, the other batter went out, and they still had not called on the first one, so I went to check on it, and it still wasn't in. While I was there, I dropped the second one off. I called back about two weeks after that, and still nothing. I gave up on them, and went and bought another tool. It's now March 5, and they finally called and I went to pick up the first battery wich is currently charging. The second is still not there, so it seems their turn aroud time for replacing batteries is a little over four months, and the batteries only seem to last about eight months, and it's been a year and my LSA registration has still never come through.

I know you can't completely judge an entire brand on one negative experience, but so farr.... My experience tells me the quality of their tools are mediocre at best, tools and accessories are exobitantly priced compared to comparable brands, they don't seem to honor their advertised lifetime warranty, and their standard warrenty service is inexcuseably slow. I don't think I'll buy any more Rigid products if their are other options available.

Comment

JD.....You can get the batts replaced under the three year warranty with your receipt. Call around your area for a Ridgid service center who has batts in stock and ask them what stuff you need to bring in for testing. They should be able to test in a few minutes while you are there and replace your batts from inventory. Let us know how it goes....Ray
                    Well, here's how it's gone so farr, I dropped the battery off at a service center back in mid-December, they told me they would call me in about two weeks when the replacement came in. About three weeks later, the other batter went out, and they still had not called on the first one, so I went to check on it, and it still wasn't in. While I was there, I dropped the second one off. I called back about two weeks after that, and still nothing. I gave up on them, and went and bought another tool. It's now March 5, and they finally called and I went to pick up the first battery wich is currently charging. The second is still not there, so it seems their turn aroud time for replacing batteries is a little over four months, and the batteries only seem to last about eight months, and it's been a year and my LSA registration has still never come through.

I know you can't completely judge an entire brand on one negative experience, but so farr.... My experience tells me the quality of their tools are mediocre at best, tools and accessories are exobitantly priced compared to comparable brands, they don't seem to honor their advertised lifetime warranty, and their standard warrenty service is inexcuseably slow. I don't think I'll buy any more Rigid products if their are other options available.

Comment

Dont think other brands dont have issues. I have had issues with dewalt bats bad right out of the packages, or not charge because they are too hot which slowed my progress. The service center for dewalt was as fast, courteous, and took care of the problem the same as my RIDGID experiences. My RIDGID service center rocks, they drop off and pick up!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                        Dont think other brands dont have issues. I have had issues with dewalt bats bad right out of the packages, or not charge because they are too hot which slowed my progress. The service center for dewalt was as fast, courteous, and took care of the problem the same as my RIDGID experiences. My RIDGID service center rocks, they drop off and pick up!
                        Hmmm......Wish I could say the same! Fortunately I'm just a hobbyist, and don't use them to make a living. The Makita I bought seems to be working great so farr, but I'm thinking if it starts to have the same kind of problems, I'll probably end up trading this cordless stuff for something with a cord, and just deal with dragging the extention cord around.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBraddy View Post
                          Hmmm......Wish I could say the same! Fortunately I'm just a hobbyist, and don't use them to make a living. The Makita I bought seems to be working great so farr, but I'm thinking if it starts to have the same kind of problems, I'll probably end up trading this cordless stuff for something with a cord, and just deal with dragging the extention cord around.
                          be sure to keep us up to date on how the Makita batteries do
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Yesterday I dropped off one of my 18V batteries to be warrantied out (no LSA, it was bought a bare batt - 3yr guarantee) I was confused why the guy wanted to see one of the tools I was using with the battery. He quizzed me a bit on why the dates were so different on the tool vs. the battery etc and I had to explain to him that the battery was bought bare for another tool that I do not have with me. I showed him the 3 yr guarantee card that came with another battery I bought a while back, wrote some stuff down, said it would be 3 weeks or so before Ridgid would drop ship me a battery. We will see how it goes.
                            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I bought my 18v drill in 2009. The batteries were made in 2008. The first batt went out in 2010 and now I replaced the last one this year 2011. One first new one was made Jan 2010 and the last one was made May 2010. It takes 4 weeks to get them replaced. My 3 years will be up next year. I hope I have better luck with these batteries. Time is running out. It would be nice if anyone has a bad battery they add the date it was made. That might give indication as to what to expect from some lots. From reading this thread some newer batt must be bad.

Comment

The Tool guy I talked to said that all of the big name brands had battery problems for a couple of years but that the newer stuff he was seeing less and less of.

My batteries that have gone bad on me had dates of 0850 and 1026
                                We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
                                X