X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid lithium ion batteries and NO customer service

I think a lot of 2008 are bad. But 2010?? OUCH!!

Comment

It was brand new out of a broken up kit. It would not charge the first time, the second time I tried it got really warm and charged for a bit, then said it was bad, third time it took a charge. 3 very weak cycles later it was dead. No biggie tho, I took it back to Home Depot and exchanged it for a brand new one off of the shelf.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

- Second time today the forum at a post - logged in - type reply - submit ... can't post ... wth??? -

Not happy to read these stories.

Ridgid should quite simply ship do advance replacement of batteries. Ship the new batteries directly to the consumer and require them to send the old one back in the same box ... as is quite customary in the tech industry. No two round trips to the local service center 25-50-75 miles away to drop off and pick up. No delays. No stock issues for the service center.

Just let the paying customers get back to work. Can't imagine being without batteries or charger for weeks, let alone months ... but did have this confirmed incidentally by my local service center today ... when I dropped off my brand new compressor ... and we were talking tools in general.

Comment

I think by Wednesday I'll have been waiting 6 weeks for my 18v li-ion to be replaced. Luckily, woodworking is just a hobby, so I don't have to rely on my drill.

I'm considering picking up a cheap ni-cad so I'll have two batteries. Also considering picking up a new tool, or even refurbished ones if the price is right, if only for the extra batteries. Depending on if I get this battery back in a reasonable amount of time, I may look to switching brands. I'm getting frustrated more than anything by the limited availability of tools thanks to the HD situation. I want to buy more tools, Ridgid, but it's not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by icerabbit View Post
            - Second time today the forum at a post - logged in - type reply - submit ... can't post ... wth??? -

Not happy to read these stories.

Ridgid should quite simply ship do advance replacement of batteries. Ship the new batteries directly to the consumer and require them to send the old one back in the same box ... as is quite customary in the tech industry. No two round trips to the local service center 25-50-75 miles away to drop off and pick up. No delays. No stock issues for the service center.

Just let the paying customers get back to work. Can't imagine being without batteries or charger for weeks, let alone months ... but did have this confirmed incidentally by my local service center today ... when I dropped off my brand new compressor ... and we were talking tools in general.
            I think some of this has to do with the service center. The one that I use stocks the batteries so they will replace them immediately.

Comment

Working...
            X