Lifetime service registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime service registration

Hi, I have several tools that I have registered but have only received confirmation on two of them. I called customer service and they told me not to worry that they had a large backlog so I dropped it. Well it's been two years and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem? Is this a tactic to get out of honoring the warranty? Thanks, Archie

Re: Lifetime service registration

You will find your answer here.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

ridgid is notorious for taking forever to update warranty registration status. i usually give them 9 months, at which point i dig out my copies of what i sent them to complete the lsa registration and don't get off the phone until i get it updated to LSA. usually, this means i have to fax the original info i copied to the rep i get on the phone and follow up the next day to make sure the change has been made. then i print a copy of the web page that shows the tool as LSA registered, just in case the info vanishes from either the ridgid website or may dashboard in particular. HTH.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

All mine have taken about 9 months to process. If it's been two years, you are lost in the system (or on the floor) and need to call.

Red
        Red

Comment

Posts like this make me second guess purchasing RIDGID products, however I still have faith that RIDGID is a good company and will correct customer issues...hopefully.

Comment

Jim,

There are a number of us that have had no problems with getting our tools registered. Considering the number of tools sold, I think that occasional errors will happen. It is wise to make sure that you keep good records (dated copies of everything) and that you approach this process with the realization that mistakes can happen. With that mindset, you simply check often to make sure that everything gets registered and if there is a concern, you can then follow up with a phone call and have your copies to verify your claim that you sent it in.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              Jim,

There are a number of us that have had no problems with getting our tools registered. Considering the number of tools sold, I think that occasional errors will happen. It is wise to make sure that you keep good records (dated copies of everything) and that you approach this process with the realization that mistakes can happen. With that mindset, you simply check often to make sure that everything gets registered and if there is a concern, you can then follow up with a phone call and have your copies to verify your claim that you sent it in.

I hope this helps,

CWS
              aside from the mistakes that happen, there are dirt bags who cheat the system, this creates a mistrust between customer and manufacturer

Comment

I know this is a really dumb question, but...where is the data plate with the serial number on my new R4510??? It's my first saw (lost a fingertip 41 years ago on a saw with no blade guard attached, so have been holding off buying )
                Book says "...found on a plate attached to the motor housing". I need it, of course, to register the Lifetime Service Agreement.
                Any help appreciated!

Comment

Dustmaker47,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum

I do not have this particular model, but on the few Ridgid (Joiner and Thickness Planer) and Emerson-made tools (my old RAS), the SN is on the back of the cabinet housing or major structural piece. On my Ryobi BTS21 portable saw (also made by TTI, like your 4510), the serial number is on a nameplate on the back of the cabinet housing, next to the dust exhaust connection.

Generally, the SN is not on any internal component like the motor. It is most always on the biggest component where it is easily found, like the main cabinet housing.

Surely, some of the other members who actually do own this saw will jump in here and give you the exact location.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Two years, wow.. I was just about to complain about it being since September for me. I guess I'll wait a couple of months longer and call then if I still haven't seen anything!

Comment

i send mine all at the same time & got approved after a couple of months!!!

g

Comment

Got my MS1290LZA 3-21-2011 and received my LSA confirmation 6-7-2011. Was rather surprised to get it this soon after reading various posts about it taking such a long time. Either I got real lucky or they really improved on getting them back in a more timely matter.

Comment

I had mine before one month for my table saw. The reason it was so quick is that I had already sent in the registration but I had to return my saw and get an exchange and I asked CS about my LSA, and they asked for the new saws serial number and voila it was taken care of instantly for my troubles.

Comment

I checked on line and found that I had not had all my tools done but had tools added to my name that i did not own, i called the 1 800 number and they added the tools they did not have over the phone and left the tools i did not own on my list too, she did not know what to do about them

So call and check up with them

Comment

Does anyone know if you can register freshly purchased re-certified tools for the lifetime service plan?

Comment

Working...
                              X