X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable 6.0 Amp Jigsaw

Looking for feedback on this item. I'm a DIYer so I don't need the best. Has anyone else used this model?
    Thanks!

Re: Porter Cable 6.0 Amp Jigsaw

That is not a good tool for what I have read, odd for and the older designed PC tools . The Ridgid cordless is good[have that] and corded, Metabo designs, also Milwaukee. The more expensive DW is OK too. My cordless Ryobi is actually OK too for limited use[my loner tool], do not know about the corded one. Stay away from B&D and Skil.
    The best I have used is my 16 y.o. Bosch made by the Swiss. You will be frustrated by a cheaply made jig saw, trust me.

Comment

I have the Porter Cable 6.0 amp Jigsaw and I must say that its not that bad of a jigsaw. Cutting power is good and has 7 different settings and the motor keeps going. The LED light on it is helpful and it blows the saw dust out of the way decently. So far its powered through everything I've thrown at it. It design is good and comfortable. Most of the unit has a rubber coating for extra comfort and makes the unit feel solid. Sometimes loading the blade can be tough for some reason and not want to lock in but I've gotten use to it. I still much prefer my Ridgid 6.0 amp jigsaw however as the motor feels stronger.

Comment

Wasn't rated very highly by Popular Mechanics back in April. But they are by no means the authority on WWing tools in my book.
        Dislikes: We were hoping this tool represented a good ratio of price and performance. Instead, it flopped. The tradeoff isn’t worth it. It’s fine for light-duty cuts, but it’s brutally slow for more demanding work. We didn’t test the company’s contractor-grade Model 9543; now we wish we had. That $165 tool appears far more stout than this budget-priced saw.

All of the new PC tools look like cr@p to me compared to their old line of tools. I doubt I will be buying any of them in the future. Their line of benchtop power tools is on par with skil and the other low end quality tools.

I saw the new PC badged contractor table saw in Lowes the other day and almost puked. It looks like a Hitachi POC with a coat of gray paint and some PC decals (and surprisingly the Hitachi TS that used to sit in that same spot on display is gone).

As I had reported back in the Spring when I spied the old tried & true (and much copied) Delta BS standing next to its replacement PC Bandsaw the difference in quality from the old to the new is at least a whole order of magnitude LOWER, and it appears the rest of the pile of new PC bench top tools follow this trend.

Why they have chosen to tarnish the PC name is beyond me, and then on the other hand the Delta side of the company goes and makes the new Unisaw here in the states.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 11-28-2010, 08:01 AM.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The PC brand has definitely made a left-hand turn into poor quality-ville.... I hate my 20 yr old Crapsman, but would still prefer it over the new PC. I recommend the Bosch offering. You will not be disappointed if you choose one.

I have the PC biscuit joiner and fixed & plunge base router kit from years ago. There is a significant decline in quality compared to what is being offered today. Sad, really...
          Mike

Comment

I do have to agree about one thing I hate about Porter Cable now, everything is STICKERS. Their logo is usually placed on by a cheap sticker that peels off.

Comment

One last thing...The RIDGID Jig Saw is HUGE compared to the porter cable. makes the PC look like a toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgid_Jim View Post
                I do have to agree about one thing I hate about Porter Cable now, everything is STICKERS. Their logo is usually placed on by a cheap sticker that peels off.
                Maybe thats by design...6 months after you buy the tool the label falls off and you won't know who made the POC.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I was shaking my head when I first saw the PC cordless crap in Lowe's. Ryobi is way better if you want DIY type of tools. B&D just trashed their lineup when they took over. My older 557 Biscuit jointer is a good tool as is any of my older made in USA models.
                  The 343 ROS 5" is not bad but what just amazes me on tools like the German designed RA sander/polisher which was a universal favorite[my go to if I want to polish a car or do HD sanding] , now they have replaced it with a dud.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-9...592750&sr=1-10

and another review;
                  Porter-Cable 7346 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander (Tools & Hardware) Hello I have two 7335 sanders that are 15 and 20 yrs old. They have needed minimal repair (bearings, cords, bushes, ect.) in this period in spite of the abuse they suffer!! We sand with these tools constantly. I sanded the floors of my first house with the 20yr old unit.700 sq ft of heart pine. I have many sanders of all types and if you look in my employee's hands these units are the preferred choice. All I ask is why the hell do we have to ship our jobs overseas and be inundated with substandard products. This tool the 7346 will not hold up and it is not half the machines of the 7335 do not be fooled!!! I am sorry for all of us. "
                  "

Comment

This is the era of disposable tools with our favorite brand names. We can't make them and we won't fix them either. Brand names on a power tool today doesn't always guarantee quality anymore,i.e. PC

Comment

Working...
                    X