X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replace a K-380 Drum Assembly

I'm replacing a drum assembly on my K380 Ridgid unit and have a couple parts that I'm not sure where they go. The drum assembly was pretty much cut and dry however, it came with a spacer (97432) and a retaining ring (86962) and the illustration shows that they go in on the drum support shaft. My problem is that I don't know where on the drum support shaft they go on because they are much larger and don't seem to be having any purpose? Can you please help me correctly place these 2 parts prior to tightening the drum assembly?

Re: How to replace a K-380 Drum Assembly

I will try to look at mine tomorrow afternoon if I remember, and if I can see the parts you wondering about,

but from the parts book it looks like it is on the shaft on the machine side, but the drawing is not making complete since to me at this moment, I have not removed the drum on the k380 that I remember, (from the drawing it looks like it would go on the inside of the drum, but it would seem more logical to be on the out side on the back to me), there are two versions apparently of that assembly, I will try to look at mine to morrow but it would be in the afternoon.
    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/936A3AA...Machine_PL.pdf
    and
    http://www.ridgid.com/CatalogDocs/k380.pdf
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: How to replace a K-380 Drum Assembly

they appear to go on just like the drawing shows, I took a quick look to night with the flash light after I got home, at mine, and the shaft has the snap ring on up by the shoulder on the shaft and then the washer on the end of that it appears that the bolt then comes through the frame from the back side, or the back of the drum side, ( I was kinds in a hurry and just took a quick look at it, so I did not look it all over completely but did see the snap ring on the shaft and the washer inside the drum).

If you respond, and want me to I may be able to take a picture of it so one can see it, I will check back tomorrow, and see what if any response you have or if you want the picture.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X