Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

Ok so I haven't been here in a year. I needed a new LI battery today - it was the third one replaced- I went in tool an authorized shop and in two min walked out with a new one. So ignore the haters here. Ridgid backs its product if you take the time to send the paperwork in and see that it goes thru .

Comment

I too have had a couple of bad times with the program. 3 years ago I setupmy dashboard and listed many tools on it. I even had to use it once. Ridgid is my tool of choice and will continue regardles. since then I had purchased more Ridgid and found I no am longer listed even registering. I rergistered with the new tools then 1 month later called while I was logged in and they still could not find me. That was weird. So I gave the lady one the phone my username and password. She was able to log in. She said that she would fix the problems so I would have my warrenties. She deleted my second account and started it over for the 3rd time. It has now been 3 months and 2 more Ridgid tools and still nothing on my dashboard. I will have to call back again. Yet I am now looking to buy another Ridgid tool at the end of this month. Regardlessof the warrenty issues I am having, Ifeel they are the best tool out there. At least for me. I am very thankful that my 4 month tool is being repaired at the shop right now. Even tho the shop does not know the problem and has 3 others in with the same trouble. Its the Jobmax. I need it back and I still bhave no answers to what the problem could be.

Comment

10 days ago I took in 5 batteries for exchange on the LSA - 2-18 volt compact lithium, 1-18 v full size lithium, 1-12 v lithium, and 1 18v NICad 2.5 A. I went in with my plastic LSA card and had them fill out the paper work. Told it would be about 10 days and they were here yesterday. It's really that simple when you follow the paperwork properly. This isn't my first time exchanging batteries either. Have replaced 2 of the 24V and a few of my other 18V over the years and it's definitely worth whatever you might feel is a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
          10 days ago I took in 5 batteries for exchange on the LSA - 2-18 volt compact lithium, 1-18 v full size lithium, 1-12 v lithium, and 1 18v NICad 2.5 A. I went in with my plastic LSA card and had them fill out the paper work. Told it would be about 10 days and they were here yesterday. It's really that simple when you follow the paperwork properly. This isn't my first time exchanging batteries either. Have replaced 2 of the 24V and a few of my other 18V over the years and it's definitely worth whatever you might feel is a hassle.
          when lsa registered batteries are replaced, what is the procedure for updating your dashboard? since the batteries that were in the dashboard are replaced, what is done to ensure teh replacement batteries are similarly covered by the LSA?
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Contact Ridgid CS to update your LSA account replacing the old #s with the new serial #s.

Comment

Toolguy,

Usually the procedure that works is to simply call Ridgid Customer Support and provide them the new serial numbers and exactly what they replaced. In that manner, the customer Support person can upgrade the information right on your "dashboard" and you should be all set.

Hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I had called one time to update and was told they couldnt do that. When I was transferred to marketing she said they could.
                I am only getting responces in this thread for some reason. So I will ask here. Does anyone know what the issue with the Job Max is where you have to twist on the handle and battery in order for it to work? Mine is in the shop in Sac along with 3 others that they cannot find the problem. Please help. I need this tool back and I am not getting any help anywhere.

Comment

I haven't heard of that issue with the JobMax. Please PM me your contact information and I'll see if I can help the process. Thanks.

Comment

I have 3 of them and one of them does it all the time and the other two do from time to time. From my experiance so far, these things are a great tool, but with a few quirks. 1.) I dont think the vibration that the handle recieves was correctly calculated in the design and it is causing something to loosen up with use. 2.) They seriously kill batteries. None of my 12v Li batteries lasted very long after using them on the JM. Their life has drasticly reduced if not completely made useless. A few of them even when used on a drill will only work for a second or give you the defective flash on the charger.

Comment

This thread made me curious. I bought an r4512 in January and sent in the paperwork. I called yesterday to see the status of the registration and was told that it would be at least JUNE until I got anything due a backlog. 5 Months seems a little long. I hope it doesn't get lost.

Comment

Originally posted by tkd View Post
                        This thread made me curious. I bought an r4512 in January and sent in the paperwork. I called yesterday to see the status of the registration and was told that it would be at least JUNE until I got anything due a backlog. 5 Months seems a little long. I hope it doesn't get lost.
                        I bought the R4511 last year, in January or Feb, can't recall exactly. Didn't register it until April. Got the notice in December. It takes time, but eventually they will process it.
                        Brian

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by tkd

Originally posted by Brian Shepley View Post
                          I bought the R4511 last year, in January or Feb, can't recall exactly. Didn't register it until April. Got the notice in December. It takes time, but eventually they will process it.

That must be one hell of an office staff, oh, wait a minute, must not be a staff but just one person who probably is only working part time. Why else should it take so long to process these things????

Comment

Originally posted by tkd View Post
                            i've had registrations take over 6 months to be effected. and yet, last month, i received confirmation of another LSA registration for paperwork i sent in during january, 2011. to the outsider, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the timing. just be sure to keep copies of all sent in paperwork and start making noise if it doesn't happen at around 6 months.
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I agree, the five-plus months it takes to process the LLSA registration seems to be painfully long; but that appears to be what it has always been according to my history of purchase and registrations since 2003.

Above all, one really needs to actively monitor their "dashboard" to ensure that nothing gets lost. My last last purchases were the jointer and the JobMax, and as usual it took just over five months for them to show up in my "dashboard" as being covered under the LSA.

But this time there appeared to be a slight problem, with only the 12-V battery being updated with LSA status, and not the rest of the JobMax components. The Jointer was okay, as it is only one item. A quick phone call to Ridgid Customer Service and within minutes the rep fixed the status on the the rest of the components. Very courteous fellow, and the call corrected the oversight immediately.

There's lots of complaints about the system and the time delay, but the system works fine for most of us I think. Just take a few moments on occasion to check your dashboard status and if nothing get updated within five months, just make a courtesy call.

The key here is to do your part... register the tool online, which puts it into your "dashboard"... and then send in the necessary copy of your sales receipt and the original UPC from the product box. Make sure you inclued the product ID, serial number, and your address and contact information. Also, I think it helps if you include your "Dashboard" ID number and the tool registration number that was assigned when you registered it into the dashboard. That at least ensures some reference for any future inquiry that may be needed.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Let me add this to when you mail in your documentation...

Spend the extra few dollars to send the LSA registration certified mail and
                                return receipt/signature required. This way there is a very good paper trail from
                                you to Ridgid. Then keep the signed return receipt with your warranty
                                paperwork.

Should any challenge occur you actually have the name of the person who
                                received your paperwork and the exact date and time...they can't
                                come back and say "we never received it"

Oh, and always keep photo copies of everything you mail them...

Yeah it's a hassle but the LSA is really a pretty good offer.

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                                X