X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

Every tool should have a serial number on it both inside and out and the original receipt should all you need to honor your warranty. Simple as that. Companies like to give a warranty thats more trouble than its worth or make a rule such as having to mail in a form or the warranty is void.

Heres my idea of a warranty......I buy....I use....it breaks.....I take it back to the store and they give me a new one. Like craftsman hand tools. best warranty in the world IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      Every tool should have a serial number on it both inside and out and the original receipt should all you need to honor your warranty. Simple as that. Companies like to give a warranty thats more trouble than its worth or make a rule such as having to mail in a form or the warranty is void.

Heres my idea of a warranty......I buy....I use....it breaks.....I take it back to the store and they give me a new one. Like craftsman hand tools. best warranty in the world IMO.
      I couldn't agree more! Why the need for filling out paperwork and mailing the upc is beyond me. I can't think that the amount of money "saved" by ridgid for not having to honor claims due to incorrectly filed paperwork out weighs the cost of employment of someone to handle the entry of all the registrations, and ill feelings of consumers. The only thing I hate more than warranty registration cards is mail in rebates!

If you have the receipt, serial number and it hasn't been abused, I don't get the need for registration. The refurbished tools are stamped, so its not like you can get those warrantied for life...

Comment

Did not read entire thread, but also am having trouble getting Ridgid to honor the LSA. With the dubious quality of their power tools they now seem to be trying to weasel out of doing warranty claims. I'll bet they get claims on a huge amount of tools on a daily basis. They no longer even answer the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanagas View Post
          Did not read entire thread, but also am having trouble getting Ridgid to honor the LSA. With the dubious quality of their power tools they now seem to be trying to weasel out of doing warranty claims. I'll bet they get claims on a huge amount of tools on a daily basis. They no longer even answer the phone.
          Finally after being on hold for 20 mins a guy who sounded far away with a thick accent told me Ridgid has NO factory service centers and these independent guys do whatever they want. I guess when Ridgid only pays $17/per repair what can you expect?

He said they actually would make more money replacing it. I call BS. I asked for replacement, they are free to do so, Ridgid couldn't care less, so why then not replace this inexpensive tool? eg: $47 palm sander.

So now they say they'll mail the parts in 3 more days. This is unacceptable to me, I've waited nearly 2 weeks already. I will replace the tool and never get fooled again by claims of lifetime warranty/service agreement or whatever you want to call it.

When you buy a quality tool, you should never know if the warranty is good or not, because you should never need to use it. Of all the power tools I own, these have been the least reliable and when you need help Ridgid is very indifferent.
          Last edited by Vanagas; 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

You've been a "member" of this site for a little over six years and you have managed to post a total of 17 posts, all of which have been full of complaints. I am sorry you are not happy with the LSA (not a warranty). In the years I have been involved on this site there have been very few complaints compared to how many tools must be out there. I guess some must appreciate the LSA.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I may be having problems with getting my JobMax fixed, LSA.. My Jobmax still in the shop being repaired, etc. But I also have to agree. With the amount of Rigid tools out there, I think their average issues is in our favour compaired to others. I have purchased many drill, impact etc brands yet my Ridgid's are the only ones still going strong. I own many Ridgid tools and With only one having an issue? I can work with that. I feel they do better and last longer than other major brands that I have owned. If I never get my LSA fixed, I would still buy Ridgid just because the quality of the tools they put out is in our best interest. There are very few tools that I would choose a different brand regardless. Think about it this way, of all the brands out there. How many of them can have so many tools that rank as well as Ridgid. Sounds to me like they do put alot of thought into the customer than a very few think or say. That being said, I think I will head out and do some polishing on my Ridgid saws!

Comment

Finally after being on hold for 20 mins a guy who sounded far away with a thick accent told me Ridgid has NO factory service centers and these independent guys do whatever they want. I guess when Ridgid only pays $17/per repair what can you expect?

He said they actually would make more money replacing it. I call BS. I asked for replacement, they are free to do so, Ridgid couldn't care less, so why then not replace this inexpensive tool? eg: $47 palm sander.

So now they say they'll mail the parts in 3 more days. This is unacceptable to me, I've waited nearly 2 weeks already. I will replace the tool and never get fooled again by claims of lifetime warranty/service agreement or whatever you want to call it.

When you buy a quality tool, you should never know if the warranty is good or not, because you should never need to use it. Of all the power tools I own, these have been the least reliable and when you need help Ridgid is very indifferent.
                I've been waiting two months. Welcome to the club. And all the promises I get on the phone with Ridgid, EVERY one broken.

Comment

Ok, I have spent alot of time on the phone with Ridgid and HD trying to get ahold of years old receipts etc for my lost LSA. At last Ridgid has it all taken care of for me getting all of my tools back up with the proper LSA. The whole time I have talked to them on the phone, they never gave me any kind of attitude, they had only been polite and tried to work the issues out. They did, and I am now a very happy person. Wish it were good when acouple of things needed taken care of on my older tools, but all good now. My Jobmax had been in the shop for along time, and now they have shipped me a COMPLETE replacement jobmax kit with a new charger and battery. It was worth the wait. I did get taken care of, it just took awhile. Now I'm looking at the new line up in the attachments coming out. Thank You Ridgid for taking care of me.

Comment

I got a 12 volt drill that didn't work right the first day. When I got it the salesman said the store would do an exchange if I had any problems but I live 80 miles from HD so 8 months later I was in town so took it back. They said I had to send it in and pay $35.00 I said no way so I looked at her name tag and said I will take it with me and send the company an email that she wouldn't take care of me Well then she said ok I'll just give you a replacement then I get home and the batterys won't charge bad batterys or charger. Now is this typical of Ridgid drills? Was she correct in saying I have to send it in? This is my first Ridgid tool and I'm thinking my last. I did have it registered and had copy of approval with me. I'm not new to tools I've had a lot of cordless tools with no problem Dewalt Milwaukee etc but all were nicad. Just looking for input.

Comment

Larry, what new attachments are coming and when, I am very curious to what is coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                        Larry, what new attachments are coming and when, I am very curious to what is coming!
                        in store display shows a new jig saw head

Comment

Got my LSA today. Is there a way to print a copy of each tool like a spread sheet or do I have to click on each tool in my dashboard in order to print?

Comment

Sorry Alpha, I havnt logged in in awhile. Things have been working so good all I want to do is go play in the shop. hahaha Pesciwasp said it all so far. But they have been talking about more things to come now. Just not sure of the next one yet. But im keepin my eyes open.

Comment

Greetings all. I received a new 4512 table saw for my birthday. As I went to register it, I noticed that the box bar code is required. Unfortunately, the box was thrown out by the person who gave me the saw. Anyone have an idea on how to register for the LTS without the box bar codes?
                              Rudy

Comment

I also sent in all my paperwork the next day after purchasing my drill. I called about three months later and was told that they were still processing the LSA agreements. I must admit i never called back again and completely forgot about it until now about fours years after my initial purchase.
                                My tools were registered online on the exact date i sent in the documentation but guess what as per the RidGid they never received my original paperwork.
                                I have do have copy of my UPC code that was on the box but don't have copies of my original receipts as i had sent them to the company. I was told by the RidGid contact person to mail in a letter with the copy of the UPC code to the LSA about my issue.
                                I today opened a letter from LSA informing that i never registered my drill for the LSA and therefore have no option but to purchase a new battery.
                                I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE KEPT COPIES AND SHOULD HAVE USED REGISTERED MAIL ETC. BUT HEY I DID'NT, WHY WOULD I REGISTER ONLINE AND NOT SEND IN PAPERWORK?
                                I ACTUALLY PURCHASED RIDGID FOR THE VERY REASON THAT THEY WERE OFFERING THE LSA, I COULDN'T BELIEVE A COMPANY WAS OFFERING A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON BATTERIES AND TOOK THE SALES GUY AT HOME DEPOT UP ON IT. WELL NO MORE RIDGID FOR ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X