Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

    you are supposed to mail a copy of the recpt, not the original, and make copies of upc for your self.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

      Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      you are supposed to mail a copy of the recpt, not the original, and make copies of upc for your self.
      NOT! The instructions state you have to send in the ORIGINAL receipt, not a copy. So, make a copy for yourself and send the original or Ridgid will use it as an excuse not to register your tools with the LSA. I'm still waiting after 3 months for confirmation of my LSA even though I sent everything required in shortly after purchase (well within the 90 day requirement).

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

        Hello bCurt, Welcome to the fourm.

        You are right, you do need to send the original. Also the process can take quite a while sometimes. Most of my tools have been processed for LSA at 3 months to 4 months. If it goes longer than that, I would be calling in and getting them to make a note on your account that you you called with concerns about the processing times.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

          I have never sent in an original receipt when registering a tool into the LLSA. I always send in a copy and keep the original for my records. I'm pretty sure this has been covered in past threads that a copy is acceptable and it must be true as I've never had a tool fail to be registered into the LLSA.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

            Originally posted by bCurt View Post
            NOT! The instructions state you have to send in the ORIGINAL receipt, not a copy. So, make a copy for yourself and send the original or Ridgid will use it as an excuse not to register your tools with the LSA. I'm still waiting after 3 months for confirmation of my LSA even though I sent everything required in shortly after purchase (well within the 90 day requirement).
            Just saw that, that is new, the old instructions said copy of recpt

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

              Whenever I buy Ridgid tools at Home Depot at check out I request they print
              a second receipt for the warranty registration.
              Never a problem..they simply press a button and within in seconds a second
              original receipt!

              I do photocopy my receipts to eliminate the fade challenge over time.

              Finally, whenever I send off documentation to anyone I always send it
              registered mail return receipt/signature required. This way I always have a paper
              trail, at least to the mail room.



              Cactus Man

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                Not sure what the New policy is, so can't address that. I haven't purchased a new Ridgid tool in the last two years... but before that, all that was required was a "copy" of the original receipt and the "original" UPC code cut from the product carton.

                I must have a couple-dozen items registered into the LSA system (since 2003) and have yet to loose a single one! I did see some confusion about five or so years ago when they changed-over the "dashboard" system; but, a phone call and some copies of my data from Ridgid had that all straightened out within a week or so.

                BUT.... This system is unquestionably wrought with problems! And while it is understandable that some people never send in their paperwork and only say they do when they have a problem or need a repair (like only then do some, feel that little extra effort should have been made); IT IS STILL A PROBLEM, when so many have complained about this issue. IT is only enhanced with a good-measure of probability because the damn registration process takes so long! This three to four months or more is absolutely ridiculous on the part of TTI North America and it has called into question the entire reputation of the system. Since it's inception, the registration period has been in question.. taking much too long, too little verification, often no feedback and the customers left in doubt and in position to having keep track, make phone calls, etc. etc. etc. !

                When is this GOING TO BE FIXED??

                CWS

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                  Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  I have never sent in an original receipt when registering a tool into the LLSA. I always send in a copy and keep the original for my records. I'm pretty sure this has been covered in past threads that a copy is acceptable and it must be true as I've never had a tool fail to be registered into the LLSA.
                  The instructions clearly state an original receipt is required. Whatever your experience is fine but I'm not going to risk waiting for an over 3 month verification process to be completed while my 90 day limit expires to test it out.

                  I did receive a reply that they are behind in processing requests. It is outrageous it takes this long to verify some information.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                    Originally posted by bCurt View Post
                    The instructions clearly state an original receipt is required. Whatever your experience is fine but I'm not going to risk waiting for an over 3 month verification process to be completed while my 90 day limit expires to test it out.

                    I did receive a reply that they are behind in processing requests. It is outrageous it takes this long to verify some information.
                    cactusman had a very excellent suggestion. The next Ridgid tool I buy, I will do what he suggested. In your case, before you send in your LLSA registration paperwork, I'd just go back to HD with your receipt and tell them you want a duplicate printed. The reason I like to keep my original receipt is for insurance purposes in case my tools burn up or get stolen. Because they do tend to fade out over time, I also make a copy and staple both the original receipt and the copy to the Owners Manual.

                    BTW, just so you know, that "behind in processing requests" is a canned answer that they have been giving out for years now. I totally agree that it's outrageous that the registration process takes so long.
                    Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-13-2013, 09:39 AM.
                    ================================================== ====
                    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                      Here's a thought, since a lot of people buy Ridgid because of the added value of the LSA, and since the literature for the LSA says it will take approximately 10-12 weeks.

                      "Note: Your tools do not have LSA status until these documents are mailed, then processed and approved by RIDGID. Please allow 10-12 weeks."

                      Could it be argued that the 90 day satisfaction agreement be extended until 1 week after the LSA claim has been processed and the customer notified of the results. Honestly how can we decide if we are satisfied if a key ingredient in the purchasing process isn't finalized yet? This way if it does get declined 6 months from now you could just return the tools. After all, it isn't our fault if they are back logged.

                      Even though I like my tools, I would not be satisfied if the LSA did not go through. As it stands right now, there is no way to be certain of satisfaction on the purchase before the 90 day satisfaction period expires. The alternative , although asinine, would involve returning the tools on day 89 if the LSA has not be completed and buying new and starting the procedure all over again...
                      Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 02-13-2013, 01:36 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                        I'm not sure if anyone will reply to me since it's such an old thread but; A few years ago I bought a ridgid lithium ion drill. I completed all the necessary requirements for the lsa and had it under an account with an ebox. I still have my old account number and ebox number but they no longer exists and ridgid claims they have no records of anything. The drill had been worked on when it was 4 years old and the place even has the lsa number but don't want to give it to me. Any ideas on how to access old accounts somehow?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                          If you have a Facebook account I would post the same thing on their page. They seem to monitor it better and even help people out.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                            another seamlessly effortless lsa encounter i thought i would share with all of the nay sayers! Called my RIDGID service guy, who drops off and picks up my batteries, he verified my tools got my batteries in a week or less, called today, and a very helpful courtious woman at RIDGID registered my new bats, also helped me get my drill in a kit get registered that didnt show up for some reason. I always share my GOOD tool stories so maybe some people wont be spooked by all of the horror written on this forum!!
                            Also had Depot repair wobbly chuck on my drill, also effortless, took little over a week.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                              Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                              another seamlessly effortless lsa encounter i thought i would share with all of the nay sayers! Called my RIDGID service guy, who drops off and picks up my batteries, he verified my tools got my batteries in a week or less, called today, and a very helpful courtious woman at RIDGID registered my new bats, also helped me get my drill in a kit get registered that didnt show up for some reason. I always share my GOOD tool stories so maybe some people wont be spooked by all of the horror written on this forum!!
                              Also had Depot repair wobbly chuck on my drill, also effortless, took little over a week.
                              I have been fighting with RIDGID over the replacing the batteries for a drill I bought in 2010, they aknowlege that I registered it for LSA online but despite my sending in confirmation and receipt several times, they claim they never recieved it, or at least not in the 90 day window. I've spent more time trying to get RIDGID to honner their warrenty, than I have using the tool. Their local service center went out of buisiness several months ago, now have to drive a long way to a Home Depot. When the latest replacment battery crapped out during the second charge, I took it back, seems my three years is up. Was told there will be no more battery replacments unless I purchase new ones at $120 each, and register them. I have one working battery left, when it craps out, I'm throwing it and the drill in the trash and never, ever, ever, buying another RIDGID product again!!!!
                              I consider their tools to be mediocre in quality, their batteries overpriced and poorly designed, and their buisiness practices to be flat-out dishonest.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

                                Hey jd,
                                try this, email Greg at: producthelp@ttigroupna.com Or message RIDGIDtools on Facebook GREG DOES DAMAGE CONTROL ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS ON THERE

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X