X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

DO NOT BUY RIDGID TOOLS!!! I tried to get a Ridgid battery replaced (never a problem in 7 years) after owning two different Ridgid cordless tool kits for 6 to 7 years and they suddenly now claim that I never registered my cordless kits so no warranty and no new battery. I registered both kits after purchase, as I always do, and they never entered it into their system so now they won't honor their service agreement. This is nothing more than a loophole they are using to get out of honoring their "Lifetime Service Agreement." What a pack of lies!!

Re: Ridgid doesn't honor LSA

Didn't you keep copies of all your paperwork???? If not, then you should have! Always keep copies and you won't have this problem.
    I am sure if you call them up an are civil, something can be worked out. Ron

Comment

gotta hand it to the OP...great correlation between his handle, the subject matter and the number of posts. keeping copies and following up just seems so elemental, i'm always amazed at the number of people who fail to do it.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

While I understand your complaint, I'm afraid I have to ask why you never checked to see if your Ridgid purchases had been registered? Obviously this is important, and regardless of how long you've been on the planet, you should well know that "sh!t happens".

So while I feel your pain, you really haven't followed through to make sure you were covered; and of course, that's no body's fault but your own.

Personally, I've had no problems with Ridgid and their Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Whenever I register and send in my paperwork, I follow through and make sure the registration is logged on my products list (in my "dashboard"). Just a week ago, I noticed that there was some duplicate batteries, and a couple of my tools had changed, showing "3-year" instead of "Limited Lifetime"... as they once did.

So, I called and talked to a someone who was very nice; checked the system, corrected the errors, and that was that. I keep a copy of all my tool information, including the registration letter, UPC, and receipt. Once I verified the dates, and "dashboard" registration numbers, there was absolutely NO problem.

Let's face it, there's a lot of people who simply cannot be bothered with the registration process, until something goes wrong... then they'll call up and claim they did everything and somehow it must have gotten lost or that it's Ridgid's fault.

So while YOU did all the paperwork and sent it in, how is Ridgid supposed to know the difference between you and someone who didn't? The LLSA is NOT just provided... it is an "agreement" between the customer and the company, that "with registration" you will provide LLSA. Nice deal, but you have to meet the requirements and you have the responsibility of following up to ensure things are properly logged.

Sorry,

CWS

Comment

Personally, I've never understood people's attraction toward victim mentality.

Let's see now:
          This is a Ridgid forum.
          It's frequented by people who buy Ridgid tools, work with Ridgid tools, work ON Ridgid tools (that's me) and for the most part are loyal fans of their Ridgid tools.

YOU, on the other hand:
          Register for the forum with an inflamatory username (ridgidwarrantysux).
          Encourage readers to "DO NOT BUY RIDGID TOOLS!!!"
          Say that Ridgid's warranty is "What a pack of lies!!"
          And attempt to assign blame for your oversight to Ridgid.

Son, I believe you're a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. But that's just my humble (but well thought out) opinion.
          Last edited by Doctordeere; 11-20-2010, 07:44 AM.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidwarrantysux View Post
            DO NOT BUY RIDGID TOOLS!!! I tried to get a Ridgid battery replaced (never a problem in 7 years) after owning two different Ridgid cordless tool kits for 6 to 7 years and they suddenly now claim that I never registered my cordless kits so no warranty and no new battery. I registered both kits after purchase, as I always do, and they never entered it into their system so now they won't honor their service agreement. This is nothing more than a loophole they are using to get out of honoring their "Lifetime Service Agreement." What a pack of lies!!
            as i just finished another pleasant and helpful encounter with ridgid customer service, i have to wonder about these people who write these hateful posts. Got to be more to the story sir!

Comment

I just thought I would post a quick note telling everyone about my recent experience with Ridgid Customer Service.

I recently registered the JobMax and when checking all of my Ridgid registrations, I notice one tool that didn't have the LLSA. It was back a few years ago and was part of a combo. I also noticed that there were a couple of extra batteries listed, that weren't anything that I had ever purchased.

So, I have this very nice lady answer my call and she checked the records and made the corrections. She also said that she'd be happy to send me a complete list of my registered tools. I've been out of town and picked up my mail yesterday and there was the letter from TTI North America... with a complete listing of my tools giving registration number, model, and serial number. Not only for Ridgid, but also for my Ryobi purchases too! (and it was right up to date)

Now, how cooperative and friendly is that!

Way to go Ridgid/TTI, THANKS!

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                I just thought I would post a quick note telling everyone about my recent experience with Ridgid Customer Service.

I recently registered the JobMax and when checking all of my Ridgid registrations, I notice one tool that didn't have the LLSA. It was back a few years ago and was part of a combo. I also noticed that there were a couple of extra batteries listed, that weren't anything that I had ever purchased.

So, I have this very nice lady answer my call and she checked the records and made the corrections. She also said that she'd be happy to send me a complete list of my registered tools. I've been out of town and picked up my mail yesterday and there was the letter from TTI North America... with a complete listing of my tools giving registration number, model, and serial number. Not only for Ridgid, but also for my Ryobi purchases too! (and it was right up to date)

Now, how cooperative and friendly is that!

Way to go Ridgid/TTI, THANKS!

CWS
                hmmm I think your stretchin it a little there bud! they have stood behind there stuff for me so far ....at the service center the dude has his stuff together!!! but at the corperate level i had all kinds of problems trying to get them on the phone.... im still waiting for my list in the mail i asked for???? at least i can sign into my dashboard and write my info down and i still have all my receits in a ridgid folder..... emailing them was hit or miss... so while i dont think ridgid sux LOL... i do think the small compact batterys have problems ive replaced to many ...and i think if you dont read the small print or you give up to easy or lose your temper like the guy at the top!!!!or lose your receit you could be in for your head against a wall!!!! so to speak!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stubnail View Post
                  hmmm I think your stretchin it a little there bud!
                  I don't know you Stub, so exactly what are you saying... that you think I'm lying?

It is exactly what I said it was, I questioned a couple of things on my dashboard that weren't correct, and the woman that had answered my call made a couple of corrections and told me that she could send me a list of my stuff and that is exactly what she did!

Where do you come off thinking otherwise?

But, with regard to calling them, I don't understand all the compliants and the "difficulty" that people have calling them. I certainly don't call them a lot, as I have no need; but, on those occasions when I have had a question or concern, I have never failed to talk to a customer rep or a technical rep at either Ridgid or Ryobi. Certainly one may have to display a little patience and wait several minutes, but I realize I'm not the only person on the planet who owns one of their tools.

Above all, I always pose my questions or state my problem with respect for the person on the other end of the phone and I keep very good records and have a digital copy of everything I send.

Much of the problem, as I see it, is when they had a problem with the online database a few years ago. Also, the in office system doesn't appear to be all that user friendly either, at least as it has been described to me.

CWS
                  Last edited by CWSmith; 11-27-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

What ever happened to the link to your dashboard anyway?
                    I thought I had it bookmarked but I must be mistaken and I can't find a link on the RIDGID site anywhere and didn't see it listed in the sitemap.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      What ever happened to the link to your dashboard anyway?
                      I thought I had it bookmarked but I must be mistaken and I can't find a link on the RIDGID site anywhere and didn't see it listed in the sitemap.
                      Under "Support", click "Product Registration" then proceed to jump though a few hoops to get to your Dashboard(stupid name).
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks Dave. They did their best to hide it and they suceeded.

Now what is my stinking password.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm about to send in some new registrations, hopefully it doesn't take years for them to update my dashboard. I like RIDGID tools a lot, but I hope they get this LSA program corrected because their are tons of people on these forums complaining about how poor the program is, they supposedly "Lose" your mailed in information...etc. Time will tell. I try to be somewhat brand loyal, but as a customer I reserve my right to take that back and buy other well branded tools.

Comment

No disrespect Jim but brand loyalty can be a two edged sword sometimes. I know of no manufacture that makes the best tool in every category that they manufacture in. So buying a particular tool just because it's made by XYZ Company makes little sense to me. I always try and buy the best tool available within my budget regardless of who the mfg. is. Just off the top of my head, I can think of over two dozen different tool companies that are represented in my shop.
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've had absolutely no trouble with Ridgid's LSA. Their customer service has always been very helpful. As a matter of fact, I registered one of my tools over the phone, and the rep told me I didn't even need to mail the paperwork. I've used the warranty 3 times. I have an authorized service provider about 15 miles away. The first time, i had broken 2nd gear in my drill, 1st gear still worked, finished my project. Went in to my dashboard, clicked on my tool, and printed out the registration info, took it to the service provider, no questions asked, they ordered the guts, (for the wrong drill), ended up waiting 2 weeks for my drill to be repaired. That was my worst experience. Do your homework, register your tools, follow up online. Quit bashing my favorite power tools! Lifetime warranty on a power tool, batteries too? Who beats that?

Comment

Working...
                              X