X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgot to register tools

Just registered some tools this week online for the lifetime warranty, and I am sending in the required info by mail to complete the process.
    I just now realized on the registration card that it says this must be done with in 90 days of the purchase.
    Any chance that Rigid will honor the life time warranty or will I be stuck with the 3 year warranty because of my ignorance?
    I purchased the Rigid tools only because of the warranty program they offer on their products.
    When I just recently checked my online status It indicates a 3 year warranty, maybe they will upgrade it when they receive my upc and receipt. I can hope.

Re: forgot to register tools

Keep copies of all receipts/upc codes etc. The conversion from 3 year warranty to LSA has been long (6-8 months+) but after waiting more than half a year I contacted Ridgid CS and re-faxed all documents which solved the problem.***Contact the LSA processing group (Ridgid customer service) at 1-866-539-1710

Comment

Trickrk,

You didn't mention how long it HAS been, since you purchased and finally registered?

I can't be sure of course, but I'm under the impression that they are fairly reasonable regarding the time-frame considered for registration. A year obviously might be a problem, but missing it by a few weeks or a month or so, might still be doable, especially in consideration of how long it takes them to process (as ReConx mentioned).

Give them a call, and see what they have to say about that, if you wish.

BTW, Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

CWS

Comment

For the LSA program, are you suppose to send a copy of the receipt or the original. I've heard people say the original and others say just a copy?

Comment

Send a copy of the receipt and keep a copy for your records since the HD receipts tend to fade away in a year or two.

Comment

That's a relief...cause I sent a copy. Thanks bud.

Comment

It's a "copy" of the receipt, but the "original" of the UPC, which you must cut from the product carton. I would advise that you copy everything that you send and make sure you date your letter or registration form, or whatever.

Then, you need to follow up with a phone call in four or five months... that "follow-up" phone call goes a long way in making sure that it doesn't get lost... and with your copies, you could always resend or fax to show that you sent it. I've not had to do that yet, as my many registations have always managed to get "registered"... but I have had things change, for whatever reason, and it's good to keep tabs on your "dashboard".

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I have a question on the LSA program. I registered my miter saw online the other day but sent the paperwork in already the day before. Once I entered the info Online it said to now send in the paperwork that was included with the tool and include the customer number and registration number. Since I sent the card out first I did not have this info available and Did not know about it. My question is, does it matter If I include it or will RIDGID be able to find my account and update it?

Comment

When you sent the paperwork in did you also send a cover letter referencing your Dashboard account name and password? If you did that then they should have no trouble locating your account. That's no guarantee though that they will bother to look for it as your paperwork was incomplete and that's not their fault. I would just keep checking your Dashboard for the next few months and if the miter saw doesn't upgrade to LLSA status, give them a call to see how this can be worked out.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well technically its not incomplete because no where on the paperwork did it ask for that??? Also, I sent the paperwork in before I even made an online account so I didn't even have the account yet to reference. I made copies of everything anyways just in case they "Lose it."

Comment

So was the paperwork you sent in an application for the LLSA Program or just the tool registration form that comes with the tool? Things may have changed but back when I bought my Ridgid tools the form that came with the tools was just a tool registration form that I presumed was only used by their Marketing Dept. Registering a tool with Ridgid and applying for the LLSA Program are, as far as I know it, two separate and distinct acts.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Correct, the paperwork that comes with the tool is now for both registration and LSA.

Comment

Working...
                        X