Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18v Li-Ion R965 Combo Kit Batteries

Hi guys,

I bought this combo kit back in 2008, near the end of the year (November/December). When I purchased this combo kit, I never registered it. Which is proving to have been a mistake. The batteries, which I have hardly used (might have 10 charge cycles on both put together) are giving me a lot of trouble. When I first bought the drill, I noticed the batteries didn't have quite the power my older 18V NiCd packs had (they were the 2.5AH packs). Plus, in the cold, I figured the Lithium packs won't work. I work in the HVAC/R industry, so the drill has to be in my truck all the time.

So, I used the 18v NiCd packs until they died just recently (4 years old I think). The lithium packs have basically been in my basement in storage since then. I got the 2 packs out tonight for tomorrow at work, and put them on the charger. One charged up and is seemingly working, the other won't charge at all. It just flashes defective on the charger.

Now, my question is as follows. What can I do? I don't have the original packing for the drills (I tossed that about 6 months ago if you can believe it ) and currently I am going through all my receipts trying to find the one for this drill kit.

I have all the original items from it, the two packs, charger, bag, drills everything. It's all in good shape, so I would rather keep it and keep using it. Wouldn't want to be wasteful.
    Last edited by Brian10161; 11-24-2010, 09:14 PM.

Re: Ridgid 18v Li-Ion R965 Combo Kit Batteries

Well, if you are asking if you can still register them and get replacements, then I am afraid you are SOL! I still don't knwo why folks can't or won't take 10 minutes and register the tools.
    Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10161 View Post
      ...Which is proving to have been a mistake.
      Did you learn from it? Then it was more of a life lesson than a mistake.

Even without the LSA you've got a three year warranty. If the DOM coded on the batteries indicate that they're less than three years old, your service center may warranty the batteries even without your dated POP. Ours will. Go check those date codes.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
        Well, if you are asking if you can still register them and get replacements, then I am afraid you are SOL! I still don't knwo why folks can't or won't take 10 minutes and register the tools.
        Ron
        First off, I didn't expect to have trouble with something like this. And seeing that a lot of people are having this problem, I don't see why I couldn't get help on something like this.

Second of all, I do not like registering items because then it's one more company that has my information and a higher chance of it getting out.

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
        Did you learn from it? Then it was more of a life lesson than a mistake.

Even without the LSA you've got a three year warranty. If the DOM coded on the batteries indicate that they're less than three years old, your service center may warranty the batteries even without your dated POP. Ours will. Go check those date codes.
        The code on the bottom is G0808. Tells me they are 2008/8 week.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10161 View Post
          The code on the bottom is G0808. Tells me they are 2008/8 week.
          Then talk to the guys at your local ASCs. Although TTI warranty guidelines say that a dated POP is required for warranty consideration, some (if not most) of us will allow warranty replacement as long as the DOM fits within the three year window.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Then talk to the guys at your local ASCs. Although TTI warranty guidelines say that a dated POP is required for warranty consideration, some (if not most) of us will allow warranty replacement as long as the DOM fits within the three year window.
            Thanks, I will check into. Hopefully I can find sometime before I go back to trade school in Jan/Feb.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X