X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy OL50135W

I'm been reading on this forum for a little while now, and seems like a pretty informative place. I'm a general contractor and a huge supporter of Ridgid tools, I have a ton of them, from the 12 inch sliding double compound miter saw on the last good msuv, to the 10 inch tsuv, to the shop vacs, to the framing and trim nailers. I'm in need of a good air compressor, and I want an oil lubricated one so my ears aren't ringing everytime the motor shuts off. This seems to be the one that I like the best, but am not completely sold on it, and really can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any advice on how good this compressor is, or how I can get ahold of one?? The flow and storage and PSI all work fine for what I need.

Thanks a bunch

Jake

Re: Where to buy OL50135W

Jake, I don't believe that's a current model. At least not in the HDs in my area. You might luck out on a recon unit at one of your local HDs, or you might find one used at pawn shops or on Craigslist.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      Jake, I don't believe that's a current model. At least not in the HDs in my area. You might luck out on a recon unit at one of your local HDs, or you might find one used at pawn shops or on Craigslist.
      Thanks. Do you know of an updated model, or a current oil lube twinstack wheeled compressor (not the wheelbarrow one)?

Jake

Comment

I'm not aware of any current models with an oil bath pump except for the mini wheelbarrow (OL50145MW). I've got one of those and it works just fine. The mini wheelbarrow got a bad reputation based on one issue (kicking the circuit breaker in cold weather) which is easily corrected. Mine is an '08 model and I haven't had a peep of trouble with it although I certainly don't put the kind of mileage on it that you would.

I'm no fan of oil-free units, but Ridgid's got a new one out that has some rather unique features. Can't say much about it since I've not seen one up close and personal, but have a look for yourself:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...304#post317304

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
          I'm not aware of any current models with an oil bath pump except for the mini wheelbarrow (OL50145MW). I've got one of those and it works just fine. The mini wheelbarrow got a bad reputation based on one issue (kicking the circuit breaker in cold weather) which is easily corrected.
          I too thought that this was a reason to not get the wheelbarrow. Is the reason it trips breakers in the cold is because the oil is just too thick and needs to be heated with like a block heater or something? How do you like your wheelbarrow? Thanks

Jake

Comment

The unit ships with 5w50 oil. I changed mine to 5w30 full synthetic. Haven't had a breaker trip since... well, except for once, but a foolishly long cheapo extension cord was a factor. Bear in mind I'm not advocating going against mfr's specs, I'm just saying what worked for me.

I like mine. I's small, fairly light, and a hell of a lot quieter that the oil free units. It's done everything I've asked it to without complaint.

Comment

Working...
            X