X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Tools?

Does anyone know of the new tool lineup for 2011, and what it consists of? What tools might be getting upgraded or created? Thanks a bunch.

Jake

Re: 2011 Tools?

only one i heard of is the dual saw

Comment

anyone try out the new msuv?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
        only one i heard of is the dual saw
        Are you saying that RIDGID will be offerng a dual-bladed saw similar to the Craftsman?
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Yes here is a link with some teaser info:

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/201...idgid.php#more.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder how long before it makes it into production adn when the first photo will be leaked. Probably for Spring, its getting kinda late for Christmas.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That jigsaw and compressor look really nice. I like the jigsaw especially.

Comment

That Jig Saw has been out for some time now. It's nice but doesn't have the power of the old 6.0 one.

Comment

dont have the saw in col oh yet, just a cardboard cutout. I guess its online though. Compressor is cool, want wheels though.

Comment

Got the new MSUV. Much nicer than the previous model, especially for larger based sliding compound saws. Easy to setup, much more stable, and can be open and closed in less than a few seconds. The MS legs are really nice in the ability to quickly move the saw from stand to table and back quickly with only the movement of a lever. Unfortunately, I do not own the Ridgid sliding saw, so I had to use a piece of MDF to make a base for my slider and mount that to the legs. The saw I own does not have holes lining up perfect front to back which makes it impossible to use without mounting the saw to a board first. My friends Dewalt suffered the same fate. Aside from that, the only issue I saw was the lack of a roller on the extension arms. However, all the boards slide very easily across the round tubes and the stops work efficient enough. I think Ridgid has a winner with this one. I looked into the Ryobi and Dewalt stands, but they were both very narrow and needed additional leg supports on the extensions to hold them up. Only Bosch makes a MSUV that can compare.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                      dont have the saw in col oh yet, just a cardboard cutout.

Well there you go... no wonder the old model had more power! I bet this new model is much quieter though!

Sorry, just couldn't resist,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by khodgson View Post
                        Got the new MSUV. Much nicer than the previous model, especially for larger based sliding compound saws. Easy to setup, much more stable, and can be open and closed in less than a few seconds. The MS legs are really nice in the ability to quickly move the saw from stand to table and back quickly with only the movement of a lever. Unfortunately, I do not own the Ridgid sliding saw, so I had to use a piece of MDF to make a base for my slider and mount that to the legs. The saw I own does not have holes lining up perfect front to back which makes it impossible to use without mounting the saw to a board first. My friends Dewalt suffered the same fate. Aside from that, the only issue I saw was the lack of a roller on the extension arms. However, all the boards slide very easily across the round tubes and the stops work efficient enough. I think Ridgid has a winner with this one. I looked into the Ryobi and Dewalt stands, but they were both very narrow and needed additional leg supports on the extensions to hold them up. Only Bosch makes a MSUV that can compare.
                        is it less wobbly than the last one? That was my prob with last model.

Comment

I never had the previous Ridgid model, but I used the Dewalt in the past and it was the same size. This model is much wider and is actually more like the stand that holds up the R4510 table saw. It has a stable rubber feet that make it feel very secure opposite the wheels. When you are ready to open or close this bad boy, just prop it up on the rubber feet and press the release lever with your foot and it swings up or down with ease. Could not be happier. I have the Hitachi 12" sliding compound saw (C12RSH) and even with the saw mounted to the frame by just the locking clamps, it holds strong without moving even vertically. This saw weighs 66 lbs and doesn't even want to slide down on the tubular frame so the rubber clamps do their job well.

Comment

cool sounds much improved

Comment

Originally posted by redbaron69 View Post
                              Yes here is a link with some teaser info:

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/201...idgid.php#more.
                              any more news on the RIDGID dual saw, or any news of new tools for the builders show next week

Comment

Working...
                              X