Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid r869 work light

Anyone using this light?
    This is the light that has the mini CFL lamp....
    I believe it's a 9w or equivalent to a 40 watt incandescent lamp
    I wonder what the run time is on a 1.5 and 3 amp hour 18v battery?

Cactus Man

Re: Ridgid r869 work light

We have the R869 work light. I don't know how long it will run, because we have not left it on for very long. One thing I have noticed, is the bulb came loose in the socket and you have to take all of the screws out to get inside to tighten it up.
    Larry

Comment

Little differ question...I got one of these for Christmas (today) and I'm absolutely sure the batter is charged, but when it turn it on it works for about 2 seconds(bright), then dims for about 3 seconds and goes out. I can pull the battery off, and put it back and it does the same thing. These were "reconditioned" and everything else is great, but I've got a feeling this may need to visit the service center....any thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
        Anyone using this light?
        This is the light that has the mini CFL lamp....
        I believe it's a 9w or equivalent to a 40 watt incandescent lamp
        I wonder what the run time is on a 1.5 and 3 amp hour 18v battery?

Cactus Man
        I have this light, I have not timed the run times with either the 1.5a or 3.0 amp batteries, but based on casual observation I have gotten well over an hour with the smaller 1.5 amp batteries.

Originally posted by TGway View Post
        Little differ question...I got one of these for Christmas (today) and I'm absolutely sure the batter is charged, but when it turn it on it works for about 2 seconds(bright), then dims for about 3 seconds and goes out. I can pull the battery off, and put it back and it does the same thing. These were "reconditioned" and everything else is great, but I've got a feeling this may need to visit the service center....any thoughts??
        Take it to a Home Depot and plug in a battery off of a working display assuming it is not glued in. Thats what I would try assuming I did not know anyone with batteries for me to try out.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Okie Dokie, so I was curious so today I did the official test. I turned the light on at 8:50 and the light shut itself off at 11:15. That is almost 2.5 hours of continuous run time with a fully charged 4 month old 1.5a LI-ION battery.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Finally took it to the repair center....they sent it off, said they had no "repair" parts. Took about 2 weeks and I got a new one back....works great.

For sure it wasn't the battery because I'm using the batteries in other tools and they work great....I guess just a problem with the internals of the unit.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X