X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 2424-1 fence upgrade

How do the TS 2424-1 stock fences compare to the Delta T2 fences? I have the fence that came with the saw and like it well enough but wonder if I'm missing out on a better set up. Any opinions?

Re: TS 2424-1 fence upgrade

i'm confronting the same question for my 2412. i have the stock fence dialed in so it rips perfectly and never binds....absolutely never produces burn marks. but i got a t2 for a song, and now i'm debating whether to change it. the t2 is a heavier fence, and the tsquare design makes adjusting it parallel to the blade really easy. the dual clamp design of the original fence can be a bit tedious to align properly but once set up, it works as well as anything else. if i hadn't gotten the t2 for next to nothing, i wouldn't even be contemplating a change. i'm still not sure what i'm going to do.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Re: TS 2424-1 fence upgrade

It's always a matter of opinion and preference, and there's likely to be pros and cons with each, so it may not be a matter of absolute superiority either way. The t-square fences are known for their ruggedness and ease of use. I tend to prefer the t-squares, so if I had one, I'd certainly mount it.

Comment

Working...
      X