X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jobsite Radio R84082

Cant find any info on Ridgids site but ran across it on HD website today. I dont see any mention of a battery charging unit in the description.....

From HD Website:

The new RIDGID Job Site Radio has ShockMount protective armor designed to absorb impacts from demanding job site conditions ensuring playback of your favorites time after time. It is the only job site radio made specifically to play and charge iPods in an exclusive protective docking station. It is the first radio with the ability to change songs via on-board external controls or remote control from up to 25 feet away. It also plays every other brands music player by using the included audio patch cord. Find versatility on the job site by using standard 120V or RIDGID 18 Volt battery power and rock like only RIDGID can.
    • Protect and charge most iPod models with exclusive docking station
    • Remote control with functionality for iPod
    • Shockmount protective armor is engineered to absorb impacts for maximum durability
    • Phase-lock loop digital tuning for exceptional reception
    • Includes R84082 job site radio, remote control with key ring fitting and button battery, audio patch cord, (2) AAA batteries and operators manual
    • MFG Brand Name : RIDGID
    • MFG Model # : R84082
    • MFG Part # : R84082
    • Assembled Depth (in.) : 21.259 in
    • Assembled Height (in.) : 12.007 in
    • Assembled Width (in.) : 10.236 in
    • Batteries Included : No
    • Battery Type : Ni-Cad,Lithium Ion
    • Battery charge time (min.) : 45
    • CSA Listed : No
    • Charger Included : No
    • Color Family : Orange
    • Cordless Tool Type : Specialty
    • Cordless/Corded : Both
    • ETL Listed : No
    • Item Package Type : Cardboard Container
    • Item Weight : 13.69 lb
    • Manufacturer Warranty : 3 year Lifetime Service Agreement with tool registration
    • Power Tool Product Type : Cordless
    • Product Depth (in.) : 21.259
    • Product Height (in.) : 12.007
    • Product Weight (lb.) : 16.7
    • Product Width (in.) : 10.236 in
    • Reconditioned : No
    • UL Listed : 1-UL Listed
    • Variable Speed : No
    • Voltage (volts) : 18 V
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...a&ddkey=Search
    Attached Files

Re: New Jobsite Radio R84082

because they dont have a charger. Only dewalt, who invented it, bosch who pays dewalt to use it, have a charger.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      because they dont have a charger. Only dewalt, who invented it, bosch who pays dewalt to use it, have a charger.
      Well, shame on ridgid for not balling up for the use of the patent. I and many others have said that we would pay more for the damn thing if the included the stinking charger! Booooooooooooooooo on you ridgid, when I saw that they were clearancing out the current model I was hoping to replace my current ridgid radio with this, guess I'll stick with the old one and pass. Seriously, pull your heads out of the sand.....

Comment

totally agree, we will pay the money. Its called a pass through expense!

Comment

too bad about the charging feature, cause the thing looks to be really well built:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaG8f_kHMOE
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            too bad about the charging feature, cause the thing looks to be really well built:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaG8f_kHMOE

HOLY CRAP they abused that thing! I can see one issue that wasnt addressed in that smack down though, there is not much protection on the front of the radio for the LCD display. That is the part on my current radio that did get broken.

Lastly, thanks for leaving us 24v owners out in the cold on this tool as well, looks like its 18v only from the specs, so all the 12v, 14.4v, and 24v batteries are worthless on this tool... nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              HOLY CRAP they abused that thing! I can see one issue that wasnt addressed in that smack down though, there is not much protection on the front of the radio for the LCD display. That is the part on my current radio that did get broken.

Lastly, thanks for leaving us 24v owners out in the cold on this tool as well, looks like its 18v only from the specs, so all the 12v, 14.4v, and 24v batteries are worthless on this tool... nice!
              something else milwaukee did better!

Comment

Working...
              X