LSA HD only?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA HD only?

I've been searching posts here and info at the ridgid site to find out if I buy a battery from anywhere but Home Depot if you can get the LSA.

I've heard that it's only good from HD but I've never seen the fine print.

Any info appreciated, Thanks

Re: LSA HD only?

Separately purchased batteries are not a part of the LSA. The LSA only covers the original batteries that came with the tool.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks

My 2005 ni cads are still doing pretty good. Not as good as the were but they work better than the li ion ones I bought last year so no advantage to buying from HD, they don't even list them online but I've seen them in stores.

The big lithium battery can do almost as much work as the ni cad but the little lithium battery hardly works and will stop on you about half the time.

Comment

It is my understanding that only tools purchased at Home Depot can be registered with for the LLSA. Part of the LLSA registration process is that you must send in a copy of the receipt... and the receipt must be from Home Depot because they have an exclusivity agreement contract with Ridgid-branded tools which are produced by Tektronics International (TTI). (It is TTI that offers the LLSA under the "Ridgid" brand name and not Emerson Electric [Ridgid's parent company].)

Ridgid-branded (TTI-produced) power tools sold from any other source are outside of this "exclusivity" contract with Home Depot and therefore not eligible. These other sources (E-Bay for example) are illigitimate and in many case purchased by individuals and then resold, even if still NIB. That would make them the initial owner, and you the second owner.

Batteries, purchased separately from anywhere, including those sold by Home Depot are NOT eligible for LLSA registration. (At least they haven't been, and I think that is still the current policy.)

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          Ridgid-branded (TTI-produced) power tools sold from any other source are outside of this "exclusivity" contract with Home Depot and therefore not eligible. .......
          I could be wrong but I don't believe that is quite true. I'm fairly certain that any Authorized Ridgid Distributor also has access to the TTI produced Ridgid branded tools. Purchases through these distributors, mostly plumbing wholesale houses, would also be eligible for inclusion into the LLSA Program.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BD,

Hopefully you are right. I'll be talking with a Ridgid contact in their LLSA registration dept on Monday and I'll see if they can pin that down for me. I'd love to be wrong in my understanding of this.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

now this is a good thread that some on from Ridgid should join in and clear it all up before people start saying bad things about LSA
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

To everyone,

Okay, after talking to my contact in the Ridgid Customer Service "registration" department, it is obvious that Badger Dave is absolutely correct.

Here is basically what I was told by the Customer Service Rep at TTI North America:

Tools that are purchased at Home Depot or "other authorized" dealer's can be registered for the LLSA. The primary criteria is that the tool must be "new", in the original sealed box and as a "complete" kit or combo. The serial numbers must all match as part of the original kit and TTI/Ridgid Customer Service will know that by thier records.

If a customer makes a purchase and the items are questionable, they may call the Ridgid Customer Service number and a rep should be able to tell them.

Customer's should be very aware that tools generally sold on E-Bay, and other sites, are often from individuals who purchase "kits" or "combo's" and then break them up and re-sale the individual components. These of course are "second hand" tools and would not be registerable under the provisions of the LLSA.

So, there ARE sources other than Home Depot. During my conversation with TTI-NA, "Gardner" was mentioned as one such authorized source.

BadgerDave is obviously correct and I thank him for bringing that to our attention.

Overall, I have found that TTI has been very helpful in my own registration questions. Between 2003 and now, I have successfully made 14 registrations, which included 6 combos, for a total of 39 components, including tools, batteries, and chargers. All have been logged within four to six months from my time of mailing. The only error between their database and mine was a couple of "duplicates" in their files. Absolutely NONE of my registrations have been lost!

Below is an example of the typical registration letter that I send.

I hope this helps everyone,

CWS
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the effort and information here. I am sure it is helpful to many. Makes me think we could use an FAQ page on RIDGID.com around the LSA...

Comment

Working...
                  X