LOOK MA!, No Rails!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOK MA!, No Rails!!

Anyone looked at this new Bosch GCM12SD Glide Miter Saw yet?
    http://www.boschtools.com/Innovation...Miter-Saw.aspx

This SCMS (really a GCMS I guess, since it glides, not slides) can be setup tight to a wall since there is no rail protruding out the back.

There are a couple videos of the saw in action at the link above.

Who knows, maybe this is the wave of the future for miter saws.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: LOOK MA!, No Rails!!

Interesting mechanism and certainly a lot of design innovation went into this. Expected from someone like Bosche, I think.

Also noted, was sort of a "different" approach to the crosscut.... as an old RAS fan, I immediately took note that the cross-cut, was done "backwards" of tradition (IMO), with a "push-cut" instead of a proper "pull-cut". Seems to me, this would definitely cause some "lift and flip" forces taking place on the stock! Interesting...

Thanks for posting Bob,

CWS

Comment

Re: LOOK MA!, No Rails!!

Good bye dewalt... I think I have found the replacement for my scms... mine is 5yrs old and showing its age.

Comment

Working...
      X