Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium Ion Batteries - 18V

Hello,

First post here so be gentle. I just sent an email to Ridgid about my problem so we shall see what happens.

A couple months back I got a good deal on a Ridgid power tool set. I also got a good deal on a Dewalt set at same time. I sold the Dewalt set to a relative and kept the Ridgid set.

The set came with 2 18V lithium ion batteries. These things have not worked well at all. I don't use the tools that often but when I do, they never seem to work. One battery produces a two flashing lights on the charger and won't charge and the other charges but constantly turns off during use (short period).

Is this normal? The tools seem well made but these batteries make me sad. Will Ridgid help me?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Re: Lithium Ion Batteries - 18V

ridgid backs its products with a 3 year warranty for the original owner of a tool. that original owner may also register the tool with ridgid for the lifetime service agreement, which covers the tool as noted here:

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

non-original owners of tools are pretty much expressly excluded form these programs.

where are you keeping the batteries. i have noticed that when stored in cold temperatures, the lithium ions lose their charge faster than when stored at normal living temperatures. HTH.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by user313 View Post
      Hello,

First post here so be gentle. I just sent an email to Ridgid about my problem so we shall see what happens.

A couple months back I got a good deal on a Ridgid power tool set. I also got a good deal on a Dewalt set at same time. I sold the Dewalt set to a relative and kept the Ridgid set.

The set came with 2 18V lithium ion batteries. These things have not worked well at all. I don't use the tools that often but when I do, they never seem to work. One battery produces a two flashing lights on the charger and won't charge and the other charges but constantly turns off during use (short period).

Is this normal? The tools seem well made but these batteries make me sad. Will Ridgid help me?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
      Return the set to HD for an exchange or refund. They have a 90 guarantee. As FINER said, Ridgid LI batts self discharge fairly quickly and leaving them outside in temps below 40 degrees will kill them fairly quickly. A cold chill can be brought back by a trip to the charger unless they deep discharged and deep died. Hope this helped....Ray

Comment

I bought the X3 set at the end of September and my batteries are acting in the exact same way the original poster stated his are. I keep my batteries with my tools in the garage so they are at cooler temps. Kinda sucks, seems like I'll have to keep the batteries in my bed to keep them nice and warm so they work right..

I've registered for the LSA but I've still not received my LSA cards yet.

Comment

CMD.....remember to follow up with ridgid CS regarding the LSA registration. assuming it's been done correctly could result in the LSA registration going astray and your tools not being covered. there are regular anti ridgid lsa rants on here when ridgid has dropped the ball and the tool owner has failed to follow up and ensure proper registration.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
            I bought the X3 set at the end of September and my batteries are acting in the exact same way the original poster stated his are. I keep my batteries with my tools in the garage so they are at cooler temps. Kinda sucks, seems like I'll have to keep the batteries in my bed to keep them nice and warm so they work right..

I've registered for the LSA but I've still not received my LSA cards yet.
            make copies of all your stuff, also takes at least 6 months to get tom your tools registered

Comment

I just called customer service to inquire about my LSA submissions. They told me that they are way behind and are currently processing March 2010 submissions!

Since I submitted mine at the end of September I guess I have a LONG way to go till they get to mine

Comment

I sent two of my Lithium-ion batteries for warranty and they gave me two max 2.5 Ah (ni cad ?) in their place. I 'm going to take them back on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by tcracing View Post
                  I sent two of my Lithium-ion batteries for warranty and they gave me two max 2.5 Ah (ni cad ?) in their place. I 'm going to take them back on Monday.
                  theres a new one!

Comment

Working...
                  X