Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Center or Factory Service? (South Florida)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Center or Factory Service? (South Florida)

I live in South Florida and have an 18v battery and separate 24v charger that I need to have serviced. LSA was all done correctly, and I have my customer ID and registration ID #'s ready to go.

My question is this, I'm in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale) and have not been able to locate a local service center.

Can anyone recommend a service center in South Florida that is decent? Or should I just call, get an RMA #, and send them back to Ridgid directly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Service Center or Factory Service? (South Florida)

this link will take you to a site that, within a zip code, identifies service centers:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Technica...ices/index.htm

HTH.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      this link will take you to a site that, within a zip code, identifies service centers:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Technica...ices/index.htm

HTH.
      Yeah, I know about the site and have been attempting to get ahold of any one of the five closest service centers in my area for the past two weeks... Of the five closest, two never pick up, one hasn't service ridgid tools for three years, one is a non-working number, and one is someone's cell phone..

That's why I was looking for a personal recommendation from someone who has used a service center in South Florida........

I have also e-mailed Ridgid directly asking them how I can send the parts in for repair/replacement. Hopefully they will get back to me and I can go that route, if I can't find a reputable service center...

Comment

Email inquires to most any company usually go to the bottom of the To Do List. Why not just call the Ridgid 800 Customer Service Number and ask them for the info you want?
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Email inquires to most any company usually go to the bottom of the To Do List. Why not just call the Ridgid 800 Customer Service Number and ask them for the info you want?
          Well, because yesterday was Sunday.

Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have an actual suggestion for a service center in South Florida, though?

Comment

Yup, and today is Monday. The time it took you to post that response could have been spent dialing Ridgid CS.
            ================================================== ====
            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Yup, and today is Monday. The time it took you to post that response could have been spent dialing Ridgid CS.
              Lol... Again, thanks for your "help."

I'll clarify a little bit: I went to the Ridgid web site and couldn't find a local service center from the list. It's difficult for me to make phone calls during the day and stay on hold. However, it's not very difficult for me to get online and post a question.

I'm not in a HUGE rush to get service, since I have a good 18v battery and charger, and all of my 24v tools will also accept the 18v battery. So, I figured coming on here and asking for a personal recommendation for a service center might be worth waiting a few days before calling and dealing with Ridgid directly (who, more than likely are just going to refer me to someone on their list, and not refer me to someone based on a personal recommendation..) That way, I could find a good service center, based on other peoples' recommendations that I could use, and not have to worry about being sent to a service center picked solely from a list.

So, again, thanks for your response, but again, it doesn't answer the main question I am asking:

Can anyone recommend a reputable Ridgid service center in South Florida?

Thanks!

Comment

AltaQuip
                3350 SW 13th Avenue
                Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
                (954) 523-1041

Tried them?
                "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                  AltaQuip
                  3350 SW 13th Avenue
                  Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
                  (954) 523-1041

Tried them?
                  I haven't. They are a little over 20 miles from me, so they didn't show up on the Ridgid site. Look pretty reputable. I'll give them a try!

Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X