Ridgid 18volt Lithium Ion battery/charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18volt Lithium Ion battery/charger

I have a almost brand new condition 18 volt lithium ion charger/battery, when I try to charge the battery I get a battery chrging indication from the charger ( red light solid and green light flashes) but after about 15 seconds the charger gives me a defective battery indication ( both red and green flash). As I have only used this tool maybe a dozen times I am a bit shocked. Has anyone had luck leaving a battery like this on the charger and having it remedy itself? I had not used the battery in quite a while and it was exposed to cold temps. Is there a way to bring this battery back to life? I hate to return it if it is something easy to fix. Thanks.

-Petermeix

Re: Ridgid 18volt Lithium Ion battery/charger

Once the charger either thinks it has found a defective battery or actually has it goes into a fail safe mode and wont even try to charge so leaving the battery on it wont do anything. The batteries or charger or both are defective and should be replaced. There is no way to get life back into a li-ion battery.

Comment

Take it in to home depot and raise hell? Buy a new one and return the old one in the packaging from the new one? It would not be the first time somebody were to do that.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by petermeix View Post
        I have a almost brand new condition 18 volt lithium ion charger/battery, when I try to charge the battery I get a battery chrging indication from the charger ( red light solid and green light flashes) but after about 15 seconds the charger gives me a defective battery indication ( both red and green flash). As I have only used this tool maybe a dozen times I am a bit shocked. Has anyone had luck leaving a battery like this on the charger and having it remedy itself? I had not used the battery in quite a while and it was exposed to cold temps. Is there a way to bring this battery back to life? I hate to return it if it is something easy to fix. Thanks.

-Petermeix
        when and where did you buy them from?

Comment

Originally posted by petermeix View Post

-Petermeix
          Peter......The formative phrase here is "I had not used the battery in quite a while and it was exposed to cold temps". Ridgid LI batts self discharge fairly quickly, there for you probably left a fully discharged batt in your truck during a Mass winter. Not a good thing. Probably killed it. If it is under 90 days, return the whole kit to HD for exchange or if older than 90 days and you have the receipt, get a list of Ridgid service centers in your area and call to confirm they have test equipment(not all do) and ask them what you should bring in for exchange of dead batts. When you get the new batts (1) charge them about once a month even if not used and (2) don't leave them outside in freezing conditions. Good luck.....Ray

Comment

Working...
          X