Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Has the micro 12v impact driver been discontinued?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the micro 12v impact driver been discontinued?

Just got the Jobmax multi tool and drill combo and saw that about a year ago there was a 12v drill and impact driver set. However, the Ridgid product line doesn't show the 12v impact driver and nothing on HD website. I would think that a small impact driver using the same battery as the Jobmax would be great. I know I can get the right angle impact drive head for the Jobmax but sometimes the right angle is not beneficial.

Re: Has the micro 12v impact driver been discontinued?

Does anyone from Ridgid look at this forum? I believe the model number is R82238. I can find parts lists and diagram but nothing else.

Comment

was part of a drill impact combo kit last year and not around since. I would hope they would release it as a stand alone or a new combo with the emergence of the jobmax.

Comment

Originally posted by rev1 View Post
        Just got the Jobmax multi tool and drill combo and saw that about a year ago there was a 12v drill and impact driver set. However, the Ridgid product line doesn't show the 12v impact driver and nothing on HD website. I would think that a small impact driver using the same battery as the Jobmax would be great. I know I can get the right angle impact drive head for the Jobmax but sometimes the right angle is not beneficial.
        More like what model is not discontinued by Ridgid/ HD. They basically have a product run,mix up the combos, sells down, then it is put on clearance and never seen again and come out with a new design. The remnants show up at amazon at inflated prices, for those looking to complete a set, but No LSA then of course. Sarcasm, somewhat but more frustration at this marketing plan. Nothing like it in other power tool lines. Guess they think the limited runs will cause impulse buying. Home Depot is most likely the reason for this type of marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
          More like what model is not discontinued by Ridgid/ HD. They basically have a product run,mix up the combos, sells down, then it is put on clearance and never seen again and come out with a new design. The remnants show up at amazon at inflated prices, for those looking to complete a set, but No LSA then of course. Sarcasm, somewhat but more frustration at this marketing plan. Nothing like it in other power tool lines. Guess they think the limited runs will cause impulse buying. Home Depot is most likely the reason for this type of marketing.
          i agree, it makes no sense. They basically make new products that home depot markets terribly then dump the line

Comment

Any one with experience with the 12v impact driver (R82238)? From the specs that I could find, it looks like it would compare to the M12 impact which seems very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by rev1 View Post
              Any one with experience with the 12v impact driver (R82238)? From the specs that I could find, it looks like it would compare to the M12 impact which seems very popular.
              oh yeah its awesome, powerful

Comment

The older 18v impacts were the same, milwaukee and Ridgid. Both very heavy duty.
                I have the newer bosch 12v and it is great, better than the old ps40 I had. I use that since I have 6 Bosch batts. The Milwaukee M12 line is very good overall. As we said why Ridgid/TTI has a great M12 line and a weird Ridgid line mktg. policy is beyond me.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't used the multi tool yet but have used the little 12 v drill that came with the combo and liked the feel. Spent a gift card on the hammer head attachment and plan to get the right angle drill head and the impact head but I'll also be keeping an eye out for the matching impact driver. I think the micro impact driver would have been very useful a few months ago when I was putting up backer board.

Comment

Just saw on HD site that for a limited time and online only, they are offerring the drill and impact combo (R9004N). From the website, can't tell if it is the old single speed model drill or two speed drill. I don't need the drill since it came in the multi-tool/drill kit but the impact is hard to find so I'll have an extra drill or maybe give it to son. Use promo code to get $10 off which paid for shipping.

Comment

Try here http://www.cpoprotools.com/factory-r...=ridgid-outlet not sure if this is what you want but, worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                      X