Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued 24v Tool Set or Convert???

One of my batteries for the tool set just went dead and I fear the second is not too far behind. I saw they have discontinued the 24v product.

My delimma is should I pay the $200 for 2 more batteries since they run at $100 each or convert to the 18v set??? I would hate to spend another $200 on top of what I spent to get the combo set only to have this tool set not have any support.

Honestly, Rigid tools have lasted me the longest compared to the other brands and I do enjoy that extra power. However like a dummy, I registered online and missed out on the lifetime warranty since I failed to mail the UPC. However, I believe normal wear & tear is considered part of the 3 year warranty. Lesson learned, read all the details and do not assume anything.

Re: Discontinued 24v Tool Set or Convert???

18V will power the 24V maxselect power tools but you may notice decreased power and endurance compared to the 24V batteries when they were working. Get that defective 24V replaced under the three year warranty and call Ridgid CS for advice on the LSA registration assuming you still have your receipt

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolver View Post
      One of my batteries for the tool set just went dead and I fear the second is not too far behind. I saw they have discontinued the 24v product.

My delimma is should I pay the $200 for 2 more batteries since they run at $100 each or convert to the 18v set??? I would hate to spend another $200 on top of what I spent to get the combo set only to have this tool set not have any support.

Honestly, Rigid tools have lasted me the longest compared to the other brands and I do enjoy that extra power. However like a dummy, I registered online and missed out on the lifetime warranty since I failed to mail the UPC. However, I believe normal wear & tear is considered part of the 3 year warranty. Lesson learned, read all the details and do not assume anything.
      there are not too many 24 volt tools but i have most and i love them. They will still be supported but they are discontinued. Wish they were still making them.

Comment

Watch HDs website, they occasionally have the entire 24v kits forsale from time to time. I just bought another 4 pc kit for 199.99!

Comment

good point, they also have some individual tools as well sometimes, like the planer is on there now.

Comment

I don't see a link on either website for anything. Is there a magic search term to find the planer?
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
              I don't see a link on either website for anything. Is there a magic search term to find the planer?
              some days its on there some its not

Comment

just left phila tool outlet where they sell lots of ridge power tools,asking about the hard to find 24v batt. they had the kit ,but not just battery!go figure.although the kid working said wait one month and ridge is going to release a 24v drill /sawall combo for around $179.but only on there web site.i"ll beleive that when it in my paws.my brother has the 24v saws all kit the large on with everthing he swears it kicks $#@%. since i have the 18v cir.saw i'd like to grab up the 24v batteries.

Comment

just used my planer for a couple projects, works well. Had it for a while but just used it finally.

Comment

I bought the 24V set in Dec, 2006. One of the batteries died. I took it to Home Depot for warranty replacement. They called me 2 days later saying I needed to give the the Lifetime Service Agreement number. So I go to their site where I registered the tools & got the number. Guess they couldn't do it.
                    Thats like when someone sends you a form in the mail then ask you for your address. (must have blonds working there) Now I have upset the blonds.

Anyway, will see what they say.

Comment

Working...
                    X