Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customer Support email responses

Just to add to the pot when you postal mail anything to Ridgid
    pay the extra postage for a signature and return receipt.
    This way you have "proof" that you sent them something and they acknowledge receiving it. Of course make photo copies and keep all documentation.

Not every power tool product has the LSA offering. for example if you
    purchase a battery off the shelf NEW from home Depot you only can qualify for the 3 year warranty. I actually think that is reasonable as in some sense a battery is a consumable...

Cactus Man

Comment

First of all to the gentleman that was complaining about all of the crank people, get your facts straight.

If you took the time to read the entire thread, you would have seen that I commented that I liked the tool very much, and that it had performed well for me.

What I did complain about was the lack of clear direction I was given from Home Depot when I originally purchased the drill. As you will note, I mentioned that I sent in the information that I was instructed to by the sales associate, and I kept photocopies for my records. I did not register online, because at the time we only had a painfully slow dial up service.

The other thing I complained about was the contradictory messages I received through 1) the Phone customer service, and 2) the email customer service.

I also commented that I was partially at fault for not following up with the registering body to verify that they rec'd my information.

So before you start to call people out, I suggest you get off your high horse, and read what has been said, before you go shooting your mouth off, and pretending you know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
        I dont believe its called the ten day service agreement!
        Understood. I think I'm just tired of the hoops you have to jump through sometimes.

I posted awhile back that I had a Bosch battery go bad in the second year. (I think that's right. Could have been first.)

Called them and had it on the porch in less than 3 days. I did NOT have to even produce the old battery. I even asked them did they want it. They told me to recycle it properly.

With service like that, it makes me tend to believe that most of these situations not turned around in 10 days is because the effort to get it done just isn't there.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Understood. I think I'm just tired of the hoops you have to jump through sometimes.

I posted awhile back that I had a Bosch battery go bad in the second year. (I think that's right. Could have been first.)

Called them and had it on the porch in less than 3 days. I did NOT have to even produce the old battery. I even asked them did they want it. They told me to recycle it properly.

With service like that, it makes me tend to believe that most of these situations not turned around in 10 days is because the effort to get it done just isn't there.

J.C.
          I think the fact that there are all these different service centers and home depots all doing things differently compounds the problem. My ridgid service center took my info over the phone and picked up and dropped off my new batteries to my house next day! Meanwhile other centers are telling people there is a back order, or all tools must be brought in etc.. Every ones doing things different. Bosch is a great company, no surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            My ridgid service center took my info over the phone and picked up and dropped off my new batteries to my house next day!
            wish i lived near that service center!
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X