Oshlun SDS-0842 Stack Dado Set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshlun SDS-0842 Stack Dado Set

I was thinking about purchasing this for my R4511 Tablesaw. It has really good reviews, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or comments about it. Here is the link.

Thanks in advance...

http://www.amazon.com/Oshlun-SDS-084...4583660&sr=1-1

Re: Oshlun SDS-0842 Stack Dado Set

i use a freud 8", but this oshlun looks impressive. i like that the chippers have more than just 2 cutters each like mine. that would probably generate a smoother shoulder cut and a flatter bottom on dadoes, rabbets and grooves. the only reservation might be that because of the greater number of chipper cutters, there is more mass to spin during the cut.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The Oshlun gets favorable comments as a good value when its on sale, but if it's anywhere near $100, I think the DeWalt/Delta 7670 makes a better cut....it definitely leaves a cleaner cut than my Freud SD208 Pro dado set did. It also has a great carrying case and excellent shim stock.

Entrance cut from a 7670:

Entrance cut from an Oshlun 8":

If you end up going with the Oshlun, Holbren's got the 6" set for < $70 shipped using "BT310" discount code.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go with the Delta 7670.

Comment

Working...
        X