X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a part not listed

i have a Ridgid 10" compound miter saw that was dropped. (MS1065LZ)

viewing any parts diagrams, i do not see the bushing that is in the bottom of the main frame (503101100)

the spindle (screw) (30311100) and the washer is shown (50311200) but not the bushing that the spindle slides into.

am i viewing the parts diagram wrong? why isn't the bushing shown?

thanks for any help with this.

Re: need a part not listed

never mind...i got my answer from Ridgid:

01/12/11 09:09: No, if a bushing is not listed separately, then it is only available as part of the larger assembly that it is part of.
    but, i find it hard to believe this bushing is not made available, but rather i would have to spend $200 for a whole new table.

fortunately, i am able to make my own.

Comment

It is not uncommon, especially if the part is fitted in a manner that would not normally be field serviceable. Press- or heat-fitted components are a good example.

I do not know the assembly required for this particular bushing, so please understand that I'm not talking about this tool in particular or it's manufacturer; but as a general practice in many industries I have seen such practice.

(I've spent more than 40 years doing parts catalogs, technical manuals, illustrations etc. and many of the companies that I've done work for have this practice. I've NEVER done any work for Ridgid, Emerson, or TTI though, so I certainly can't address their thinking on the subject. But in other companies I do know that is a general feeling that there is a liability risk to field replacement parts that need to be fitted by factory machines.)

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

The bushing is part is not available seperate it is part of the lower base 503101100, I don't have one in front of me but thought that it did not use a bushing it is just machined as part of the base.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          It is not uncommon, especially if the part is fitted in a manner that would not normally be field serviceable. Press- or heat-fitted components are a good example.

I do not know the assembly required for this particular bushing, so please understand that I'm not talking about this tool in particular or it's manufacturer; but as a general practice in many industries I have seen such practice.

(I've spent more than 40 years doing parts catalogs, technical manuals, illustrations etc. and many of the companies that I've done work for have this practice. I've NEVER done any work for Ridgid, Emerson, or TTI though, so I certainly can't address their thinking on the subject. But in other companies I do know that is a general feeling that there is a liability risk to field replacement parts that need to be fitted by factory machines.)

I hope this helps,

CWS
          i can understand that, especially if it might have to be shimmed/adjusted to give a proper height for the table.

i just had to vent because now i'll have to make one.

Comment

Originally posted by texan168 View Post
            The bushing is part is not available seperate it is part of the lower base 503101100, I don't have one in front of me but thought that it did not use a bushing it is just machined as part of the base.
            no, there is a bushing. my spindle nut was frozen in place and had to be drilled out.

during the drilling, the drill went off center and cut part of the bushing away, making it out-of-round.

i'll make one, altho i would have preferred to just buy one and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
            X