Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CI router table extension for TS3650

Hey all,

I am not sure if this has ever been covered before but I am looking at replacing my custom made MDF router table extension with a cast iron version. I like my MDF version, but wanted something heavier and more aesthetically pleasing.

My question, does anyone know for a fact that the weight of the CI extension would not negatively impact the TS3650? I mean, a guess would be to add some sort of support on the right side after the installation but I thought I would ask the experts

Thanks!

Re: CI router table extension for TS3650

I don't know if mounting it on the RH side of the saw will impact the saw or not but have you considered removing the left wing and mounting it in that location?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Here are some pictures of my set up.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7574

The legs I added lift up just fine when using the herc u lift.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I posted a link to some picstures of my saws setup that is on this site but for some reason I got a message saying that a moderator must approve the post. Is this something new for when you post a link? Anyhow once approved you can see my leg setup.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7574

Let me try the link here.
        Last edited by TOD; 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM. Reason: adding link
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Here's some other options to look at, but there not cheap and not made of steel.

http://www.incra.com/product_tscombo.htm#combo2

Cheers
          Glen

Originally posted by cormier33 View Post
          Hey all,

I am not sure if this has ever been covered before but I am looking at replacing my custom made MDF router table extension with a cast iron version. I like my MDF version, but wanted something heavier and more aesthetically pleasing.

My question, does anyone know for a fact that the weight of the CI extension would not negatively impact the TS3650? I mean, a guess would be to add some sort of support on the right side after the installation but I thought I would ask the experts

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the link Glen. That is quite the setup! Wow!!!

Comment

Working...
            X