Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable Belt Sander Model 165 (vintage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable Belt Sander Model 165 (vintage)

I need a replacement drive belt for this sander. Can't find a parts diagram that would show the part no. I measured around the cogged pulleys and it 10" x 3/8". Does any one have suggestion? May try a vacuum cleaner belt is I can find something close.

Re: Porter Cable Belt Sander Model 165 (vintage)

you might try grainger or mcmaster-carr, they mightbe high but one of them is bound to have a belt which will work.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by BBQKing112 View Post
      I need a replacement drive belt for this sander. Can't find a parts diagram that would show the part no. I measured around the cogged pulleys and it 10" x 3/8". Does any one have suggestion? May try a vacuum cleaner belt is I can find something close.

The belt just broke on mine too. On the belt is stamped "PORTER-CABLE 23740". I have just started looking for a replacement. Please let me know if you have found one.

Comment

Is this what it looks like?
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X