X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Drills

I would like to recomend that a drill is made for the hand of a woman. I have a 18 volt that came with two sizes of battery packs. Both attach with buttons on the sides, however my hands can just barely reach both of these at the same time when it comes time to change the battery. It is even harder after useing the drill for a period of time and your arm is already tired from drilling overhead.The grip could be a bit smaller as well. I still need the power, but the size is just a bit oversized, and I have big hands for a woman.

Re: RIDGID Drills

there will be a power loss but most companies offer 12 volt tools with good power and maybe a smaller grip

Comment

This is the Ridgid offering for something lightweight that will suit almost any need aside from heavy duty work. I especially LOVE impact drivers for driving screws. They are almost effortless for the task.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1&ddkey=Search

Almost all of the tool makers now offer the new style batteries (Li-ion -Lithium Ion) which are sigificantly lighter than the older style NICD(nicad) or NIMH(nickel metal hydride) They also do not develop a memory like the older batteries do.

Makita has a front single button release for their batteries on their 18V line of tools. Friends who have them LOVE them. They are light, and have excellent power.
      Dewalt has a new line of 12 tools that have small batteries and are good on power. Only complaint I have heard so far is of batteries dying young.

Other brands have 12V stuff, I have no personal experience with them.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I am a woman with small hands and never had any problems with any of the Ridgid tool grips - I certainly think Ridgid tools are the best in class when it comes to grips. Is the drill you're referring to an old 18v with ni-cad batteries? I just got one of the compact 18v drills with lit-ion batteries and it fits perfectly in my hand, and the batteries are very easy to take off. Plus the thing seems nicely balanced. I also have the 12v drill other people have mentioned, and I was quite surprised at how much power it actually had. It's defiantly handy to have around for situations that don't require very much power. But when you compare Ridgids to other brands, I definately think they are the most ergonomical and easiest for fitting in womens hands. Just look at this angle grinder...

Comment

Working...
        X