Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt drill (R82008) questions

Hello all. 2 Questions:

1. I have the compact 12 volt R82008 drill (new #92008). I can't find my owners manual and Ridgid does not seem to have one posted for this drill on their website. Any idea where I can download the manual?

2. This 2 speed drill has mode 1 for high torque and mode 2 for high speed. The slip clutch only seems to work in mode 2, which is where I usually drill. The slower, high torque mode 1 is where I usually set the drill to drive screws. No matter how low I set the slip clutch, it will not slip in speed mode 1, only in mode 2. This does not seem right. My big 18 volt X2 Ridgid will engage the slip clutch in either mode 1 or mode 2. Does anyone else have a 12 volt drill that works like mine?

Thanks
    There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Re: 12 volt drill (R82008) questions

1. Sorry, not sure where to download the manual.

2. On mode 1, I'm able to get the clutch to slip at a setting of 7 and below. At 8 and above, I can't. Sounds like you may have a defect.

Comment

Thanks, I think the drill may be defective as well. Even at clutch setting 1 in mode 1 the clutch simply will not slip.
      There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

I tried it again, and the drill clutch does seem to slip at about 6-7 and below. The torque is just so much higher on speed/torque setting 1 than setting 2. Once I adjust to the idiosyncrasies of the drill, I think it will do fine for me. For light screwdriver jobs, I have my trusty Metabo PowerGrip 2 - great little drill for drilling small holes and driving screws with precision.

Comment

I went to manualsonline.com and they had the R82007 but no 08. Don't know if that will help.
          =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
          Be safe out there folks
          Bob B
          =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Working...
          X