Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD6800 - Fuel Guage???

Hi,

I recently bought Ridgid's RD6800 Generator.

Both their advertising and the included manual refer to a "8 Gallon Steel Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge".

Where's the fuel gauge?

Does it have a gauge that I have not been able to find, or is this false advertising?

Re: RD6800 - Fuel Guage???

On most small motors like that if there is a fuel gage it is in the gas cap on the tank.

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/0C7A7E0...6800%20RPL.pdf

it says it is #99 and appears to be separate in the tank not the cap, look at the fuel tank and should be on the opposite corner of the tank as the cap, (according to the parts list),
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD,

Thanks for the help, but this fuel tank definitely does not have the fuel gauge shown in the diagram you sent me.

None of the diagrams included with my purchase show a fuel gauge, although the manual does say there is one.

Comment

sorry to hear it is not on your unit,

I guess it is back to the old days when a person keep a Dip stick on the side of the machine to measure how much gas is in the tank, (or that is what I do on my tractors when the fuel gage stops working which seem like the senders need replaced nearly yearly now days),

(you could call the 1800 number and see if they can rectify the situation) (they may have got some engines in that did not have the gages and they got past quality control),

I do not know the threads on the cap, and fuel tank depth, but one could looK into a lawn mower place that sells parts, (some auto parts places do around here), and see if they have the cap with the gage in it that will fit your tank, if having a gauge is that important to you, one is pictured below,

(most of the units I have had were not very effective, as the vibrations of the engine would shake the gage needle so violently that you could hardly even get a estimate reading, when running, works ok when shut off, but so does taking off the cap and looking in the tank most of the time,

as most are a cork on a twisted flat rod that when the tank is full it points at F, and when it lowers it twists the rod to move the needle to point at a different location, but if the gas in the tank is splashing it shakes the needle about 1/4 of turn and your only getting a guess of the amount of fuel left. (I guess it is better than nothing)
        Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X