Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dp 1550 RACK ISSUE?

Hi,

I have the drill press from ridgid. I have a (small?) issue with the gear-rack that allows the table to be raised/lowered.

Whenever i raise the table the rack, the lower portion (toward the botton 1/3) of the rack bows out an inch or so. I'm able to lock the table in place etc... no issue there... and otherwise it operates just fine.

I have kept the set screw barely tight and I believe I'm using the proper procedure by losening the table-support-lock-handle. I'm able to urn the rack/table side-to-side as I raise and lower etc.

Any thoughts? Is there a safety concern? Should I ask Ridgid for another rack?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: dp 1550 RACK ISSUE?

I would double-check to ensure the table support screw is loose enough. I know you are saying you are able to move the table side to side but there is less resistance required to do that anyway. If that doesn't work, I would try waxing your column. I have applied wax to mine to ensure there will be less chance of corrosion (which could be causing your problem. If there is corrosion, remove it first with a wire brush) and to ensure smooth operation. If that also fails, you may have a defective gear rack that has gotten weak in one spot. I am sure RIDGID would take care of that without any issues at all.

Hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by cormier33; 02-05-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X