Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Ridgid Bandsaw 6" Riser Block Kit

Hey all,

I am trying to track down an AC5005 for my bandsaw. I know there are a few other manufacturers that make a riser kit that would work but I would prefer to purchase the Ridgid version.

If anyone has one available to sell or knows where I could get one (would need to be shipped to Washington 98230), it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam

Re: WTB: Ridgid Bandsaw 6" Riser Block Kit

Check this link. Says they're 'in stock':

http://www.amazon.com/ACC-RIDGID-RIS.../dp/B002NVNXW6

Also of note: the AC5005 has been replaced by part # AC02RB1, which shows as a currently available part from Ridgid distributors. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Doctordeere; 02-07-2011, 09:05 AM. Reason: New part number inclusion
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

It's your call but why would you want to pay about twice as much for the Ridgid when the Grizzly will work just as well?
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

as BD indicated:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Rise...-Series/H3051P
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          It's your call but why would you want to pay about twice as much for the Ridgid when the Grizzly will work just as well?
          You have a good point. I may have to re-think my decision. Thanks for the information guys.

Comment

I have the grizzly on mine, better quality than the Ridgid, the guard is metal too not plastic. Repainted it silver/gray as mine is older. BTW, the saw really is not good as a resaw saw, I would not do it again as the design is for light work. All the issues with the saw become worse w. the riser kit and longer blade. I spent way too much time and money chasing after an unobtainable performance goal on my saw. You will really stress the entire saw cutting over 6". The motor is under powered and the light weight zinc castings used on the trunnions and other parts do not hold the table and guides well under heavier loads. Just apply pressure with your hand to the top and watch how it will flex, even locked down. It a low end , light weight build saw that is hard to accurately cut over 6" even with Timberwolf blades. The older Delta used CI and is far superior in design, even though they look similar. Grizzly has "Ultimate Band saw" that is a copy of the delta. Steel City or Sears version of their saws are also are a better option. My 10" $99, sears/Rikon type BS is way better built and designed than the Ridgid. I use that if I want accuracy. No cheap Zinc castings anywhere. I would think about selling the 1400 and buying a better saw if you need over 6".

Comment

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the grizzly kit after all. I had some hard maple to re-saw that was 8-10" thick and really didn't want to rip it down to 6". I figured I would update for the people who commented about getting the grizzly that the riser works perfectly. It took some time for me to ensure everything was installed as accurately as possible but it resawed up to 8" hard maple with no issues. Best of all, my saw doesn't vibrate at all, of course I never had problems with that in the first place.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had bad luck with your BS14002 but so far, mine has been great!

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X