X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Drill R86007N

Trying to register my 18V Li-Ion compact drill, and the registration is asking me for TWO batteries. Mine only came with 1. Was it supposed to come with two or is the registration system out-of-whack?

Can't seem to find this thread on here, so sorry if it's a repeat.

Re: 18V Drill R86007N

Originally posted by D'ohmer View Post
    Trying to register my 18V Li-Ion compact drill, and the registration is asking me for TWO batteries. Mine only came with 1
    Some Ridgid 18V kits only had one compact battery. Call Ridgid CS for guidance or just register the same battery serial# since all of my 2 battery Ridgid 18V kits had the same #

Comment

Here's how I got the 2nd battery.

I am new to the board. I just got my first Ridgid drill Wed and its just like yours, a R86007n. The R86007n is a promo deal. So I assume you ordered it online thru HD as a promo deal for $99, is that right? The R86007 is the same drill but in HD stores it sells for $199 and they have 2 batteries.

Now heres the deal on getting a 2nd battery. Before I bought one I was talking to a Ridgid Rep about their drill warranties. The Rep actually told me about the Promo deal thru HD online. So we both looked at the HD details, which said 1 battery included. The Ridgid Rep told me its supposed to included a 2nd battery. And If I order one and I don't get the 2nd battery, to call her back and she would send the 2nd battery.

I got my Drill Wed, no 2nd battery, call Ridgid(1-800-323-4615) and explained what I was told before I ordered it. The Rep said yes, she would ship me the 2nd battery. The Fedex tracking number says my 2nd battery is due to come Friday.

The Rep also took all my info down and registered my drill right on the phone. I didn't have to send in a copy of the HD reciept and UPC.
      Last edited by Musky8it; 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by Musky8it View Post
        The Rep also took all my info down and registered my drill right on the phone. I didn't have to send in a copy of the HD reciept and UPC.
        I would still follow their instructions to the LETTER if you want your lifetime service agreement. That lady more than likely wont stick up for you and say "Oh yeah, I remember telling him that, let me fix it for you."
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          I would still follow their instructions to the LETTER if you want your lifetime service agreement. That lady more than likely wont stick up for you and say "Oh yeah, I remember telling him that, let me fix it for you."
          +1 on that. or check your dashboard to ensure that the warranty changes from 3 years to the LSA, and then PRINT a copy of that page and keep it for future reference. a few years back, ridgid changed their warranty monitoring online software from the "ebox" system and many errors occurred as part of the change to the current "dashboard". in short, ridgid has good tools but somewhat less reliable LSA registration performance. follow up is imperative, no matter who said what.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Looks like they fixed the glitch, a few of these kits are still floating around on sites like Ebay and it only comes with one battery. I just tried to register the kit and it only has an entry field for one battery as well.

Comment

Working...
            X