Delta Belt Sander, Belt Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Belt Sander, Belt Issues

I got a Delta 4" Belt, 6" Disc Sander issue. The damn thing sounds like an airplane getting ready to fly out my garage. I've had it for 10 years. Wish I had read the review on it at Amazon. 10 reviews with a 1 score... only one guy have a positive comment calling it a "great pencil sharpner".

I haven't used the machine more then 1 hour in it's life... cause it's noiser then my dust collector & router going together at one. Hell it's noiser then all my shop tools turned on.

I took it apart. The disc is missing a set screw. The belt is loose. I took the belt off, the motor is quiet. Pull the belt on, and it flops around wildly. I measured the belt, 7 1/2" (15"). I used a screw driver to put tension on the belt and it brought the noise down significantly. I can not adjust the motor/pulley tension. So I need to find a shorter belt... maybe 7 1/4" (14 1/2") is a good place to start. It's a rubber belt with teeth in it. Is it possible to track down a belt locally (auto store)... internet... or should I put this on my daughter's desk with a box of pencils?

Re: Delta Belt Sander, Belt Issues

maybe try a link belt, you can adjust the length by adding or removing links to get the right length.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
    X