Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find left handed thread chuck screws?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find left handed thread chuck screws?

When drilling out a stump w/ a probably too big 2 9/16" self feed bit w/ a Milwaukee 1663-20 spade bit got stuck! When trying to reverse out chuck screw broke! My Makita 6302H(0-550rpm) broke it's chuch screw too and so did the Ryobi D-130VRRK Right Angle(0-380)! A long pipe through a 7/16 inch wrench broke it free! Anyway I can get chuck screws for the 1663-20 and Makita 6302H. I cheated on the Ryobi and used the M6 x22screw the Makita uses as the M6x 25mm is obsolete!I recently scored a mint Porter Cable 6614 on Ebay and guess what it chuck screw is obsolete(didn't break it-yet anyway). Is there a source for these sxcrews? I got the 1/4 X 1 inch 1663 screws and the M6x22mm Makita 6203H sxcrews from ereplacement parts. I learnt my lesson and will use my Milwaukee 9072 impact wrench or a long pipe to break stuck bits free. And yes I know thye Big Makita DS4000 uses a morse taper chuck!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Where to find left handed thread chuck screws?

I was using my Makita hole hawg type drill a few years ago, to power a winch, (worm drive gear box), and was running it in reverse and broke the screw in it, I called and they said that tool is obsolete and parts are nearly extinct on it, but they had screw, but it would take a few weeks to get it, I said to the guy send it, but I guess I will just lock tie it, and put the screw in when it shows up, and he went in a rant if I lock tight it and need repairs I will not be able to get it apart, that may be true, but he just said there were not parts for it, so I red lock righted it, and it has been that way for years, now, not saying that is the way to do it but I figured if it craps out and I can not fix it, it will end up being tossed as if the parts were nearly gone 5+ years ago, I know they won't have any now,

so what I am saying red lock tight may be an answer,

the place below claims to have it,
    http://www.ereplacementparts.com/mak...6_147_255.html
    Last edited by BHD; 02-21-2011, 09:01 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Where to find left handed thread chuck screws?

BHD thanks! Yeah I got left hand screws for the makita from ereplacement parts! But the screws for the porter cable 6614 are obsolete! I was going to order some for the Porter Cable just in case. Thankfully the slightly shorter Makita screws work in the Ryobi D-130 right angle! The red locktite sounds like a great solution!
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X