Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Table Saw should I get and from where?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Table Saw should I get and from where?

I want to buy a table saw, but I am not even sure of what the basics are. What should I make sure my table saw has at the minimum.

thanks

ej
    Free Reviews - Top Electric Pressure Washers

Re: Which Table Saw should I get and from where?

try starting with this article as it provides pretty good overview:

http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/Se..._tablesaw.html

regarding entry level table saws, that are even remotely worth considering, ridgid usually delivers a good value. their saws usually perform well without breaking the bank. moving up the performance curve, grizzly is a well thought of marketer of table saws, usually starting with their hybrid saws and more reasonably priced cabinet saws.

you might also check out the wood magazine tool tests. they are comprehensive and supposedly impartial. in your travels, you will come across the names of jet and powermatic. these tools usually cost more than the mid point of most price ranges but haven't managed to earn either a "top tool" or a "top value" designation in any wood magazine table saw tests in the last 6 years. unfortunately, the company that currently owns these two brands has been trading on their past reputations for quite a while. i would avoid them as they cost more but, at least according to wood magazine, don't seem to distinguish themselves either in performance or value when compared to other tools in the field.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I'd get to know the different styles of table saws, and decide which one best suits your needs. Then narrow down the field of contenders.

The Right Table Saw for Your Shop

Comment

much appreciated! I will take a look at these links.

cheers,

ej
        Free Reviews - Top Electric Pressure Washers

Comment

Working...
        X