Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid X4 for 2011 with Hyper Lithium Ion Batteries

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
    maybe they listened? Maybe!
    No mention of the Ryobi 18volt cordless compound mitre on the Internet? Just some old posts on the discontinued one. I have two Ryobi lithium batteries & charger, so this would be a nice easy to move around saw in place of my DeWalt 12 compound slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      No mention of the Ryobi 18volt cordless compound mitre on the Internet? Just some old posts on the discontinued one. I have two Ryobi lithium batteries & charger, so this would be a nice easy to move around saw in place of my DeWalt 12 compound slide.
      http://www.ebuild.com/articles/1509599.hwx

the one i saw at home depot was green like the +one tools.

Comment

Dammit.
        I can't find it.
        Neither online nor in stores.
        Next time you see one, please get the model # from the data label.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Just got back from Home Depot, five of them on the shelf! Model #P551.
          $119, 71/4 blade, tool alone no battery.

Does it seem strange of foolish to anyone else, that there is no mention of this tool on the Internet including the Ryobi site? Guess they want to keep it a secret, wouldn't want folks buying them.

Comment

Odd. The new one is 7 1/4", the old one was 8 1/2".
            Some bozo is selling them on eBay... for $179 plus twenty more for S&H...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryobi-18-Volt-7-...0#ht_500wt_715

Comment

That's the one! I'm pretty sure it was $119. Real nice guy $179 and $20 shipping. Still can't figure why it's not advertised?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                Odd. The new one is 7 1/4", the old one was 8 1/2"
                7 1/4 blades are ez to find versus 8.5

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                  7 1/4 blades are ez to find versus 8.5
                  When I looked into buying a P550 a few years back I looked into blade availability. Didn't see finding 8 1/4" & 8 1/2" blades to be a problem. Oldham, Delta, Freud, Irwin, even DeWalt & Hitachi. Lots of options for pitch & kerf... not an issue.

Has that changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Still can't figure why it's not advertised?
                    That's the $64K question. You'd at least expect it to be on the Ryobi website. Gardner has the IPL for the P551... but no further info. This would be a good little tool for the Ridgid family.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                      That's the $64K question. You'd at least expect it to be on the Ryobi website. Gardner has the IPL for the P551... but no further info. This would be a good little tool for the Ridgid family.
                      Yes, this tool and others would do just fine with the Ridgid label on them. I think Ryobi went with the 7 1/4 blade not only for availability but to increase torque.

Comment

I have the P550. I picked it up only because I could not resist at the then close-out price of $29.00 I figured for that price how could I go wrong? It has come in handy when you want to do a few cuts, not many for sure with the old Ni-cad batteries, better but not great with a Li-ion battery.
                        I still think (I mentioned this about 2 years ago I think) they should make it so it uses two batteries and wither make it 36V or keep it at 18V but have a higher ampacity available by feeding off the two batteries in parallel.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
                          Guess I won't post anything additional in the future.
                          Why not? You did us all a favor. Who knows how long we would have waited to hear it through official channels, even though we have asked time and again to have some sort of announcement on here for their die-hard tool buyers.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I saw the new green ones way up on the storage racks at two HDs last week. I was supprised to see them come out with them again too. The original blue ones did use a smaller blade but I bet most of us replaced them with 8 1/4" ones.

Comment

Did this thread suddenly turn into a Ryobi thread? Ron

Comment

Well lets get it back on track shall we?

So Probrand when will we see the x4, is it one of the mid march releases

The X3 has been great but I have a buddy that wants to upgrade to the x3 from his x2 then I could get the x4 and we could all be happy!!
                                Last edited by Ru&Lins_05; 03-11-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X